Difference Between EasyApache 3 and 4
What are the Difference Between EasyApache 3 and 4
EasyApache is a tool that is installed in WHM and cPanel which is used to compile and configure both PHP and Apache modules. All the back-end activities can be easily done from the EasyApache web-based Graphical User Interface. This now a standard for today’s Apache server. EasyApache is a software which install modifies and validates the Apache web server, PHP, Tomcat and other parts of the server. The ease of using EasyApache is that we can automatically update to PHP, Apache and the required modules to be installed. Since the updates are often done it is less vulnerable to the security-related issues. The configuration files of both the Apache and PHP can be edited via the command line from the WHM itself. There’s no other way other than EasyApache to add, remove or install the components of the web-server. The advantage of the EasyApache is that it can easily access the information about the options we need. We can easily select and know the information about the options to select.
Difference Between EasyApache 3 and 4
1) Migration: The script written for the EasyApache 4 is much more advanced compared to EasyApache 3 so that we could analyze better installation and select the packages for the EasyApache 4. Though most of the options of EasyApache 3 are available in EasyApache 4, any conflict in the migration script then it will indicate in the front end. It will allow you to choose how to rectify and go ahead.
2) EasyApache 4 interface: There are lot of development in the EasyApache 4 User Interface in WHM. These developments make the user interface easier to use. The new interface allows you to view individual packages on the server, including PHP extensions, Multi Processing Modules and much more.
3) MultiPHP PHP Handlers User Interface: The PHP handlers tab to the Multi PHP manager interface. This new User Interface allows you to easily change Apache handlers of each installed PHP version. The new user interface indicates built in error problems and configuration error before applying the changes.
4) MultiPHP Refactor: This allows to expand the future web-servers and languages. This feature allows adding more languages support to the web-servers and support web-servers. The latest developments of the EasyApache 4 have enhanced to promote EasyApache 4. In future PHP 7 will be available to the EasyApache 4 and also available to the EasyApache 4’s experimental repository later. Also the EasyApache 4 will support PECL and PEAR support which will ease the users and administrators to compile and uncompile for websites for each PHP version.
How to Migrate EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4
System requirements for EasyApache 4:
EasyApache 4 supports the following operating systems:
1) CentOS 6 or 7
2) CloudLinux™ 6 or 7
3) Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6 or 7
Apache and PHP:
1) EasyApache 4 only supports Apache version 2.4.
2) EasyApache 4 supports PHP versions 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, and 7.0.
You must activate the rpm_up setting if you install EasyApache 4 on your system. To do this, perform the following steps:
1) Open the /etc/cpupdate.conf file and set the RPMUP key’s value to daily.
2) In WHM’s Update Preferences interface (Home >> Server Configuration >> Update Preferences), set the Operating System Package Updates setting to Automatic.
The system enables these settings by default.
How to install EasyApache 4:
To install EasyApache 4, perform the following steps on the command line as the root user:
1) Run the following command: /scripts/migrate_ea3_to_ea4 –run
2) The interface displays the changes that will occur. To continue, follow the system’s instructions.
How to uninstall EasyApache 4:
To uninstall EasyApache 4, perform the following steps on the command line as the root user:
1) To revert to EasyApache 3 from EasyApache 4, run the following command:
/scripts/migrate_ea3_to_ea4 –revert –run
2) Follow the system’s instructions.
You may also refer our following tutorial to know how to upgrade apache using easyapache: How to Upgrade Apache Using EasyApache
If you need any further assistance please reach our support department.