In this documentation, we can check how manage DNS in Direct admin.
1) Login to Direct Admin panel.
2) Click the button ‘DNS Management’ from the section ‘Your Account’.
3) Here we can see the zone file of your domain.
4) If you want to delete any record, select the corresponding record and click ‘Delete Selected’ button.
NS – Nameserver record. Specifies the hostname that used to search for the domain.
A – Address record. Matches the domain name to an IP address.
MX – Mail Exchange Record. It matches the list of servers that handle mail of the domain.
CNAME- Canonical Name record. It matches the domain name to an alias.
5) If you want to add any record, you can add it in the section ‘Add Domain Records’.
For example, to add a new ‘A’ record, insert the name of the zone in left column, followed by the IP in the right column, and then click on ‘Add’ button.
6) You can modify MX record by clicking the button ‘Modify MX records’.
7) If you want to delete the MX record, select the record and click the button ‘Delete Selected’.
8) If you want to add another MX record, we can add it in the section ‘Add Another MX record’ and click ‘Add’ button.
This is how we can manage DNS in DirectAdmin.
If you need any further help please reach our support department.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.