Email Account Outlook
By manoj on March 5th, 2016
Bread Basket allows users to create email account for their domains by deploying the Email Server (Exim + Dovecot) by a click of a button. Exim and Dovecot can be installed from the Bread Basket Panel >> Apps >> Utilities Category.
Quick Guide: http://www.webuzo.com/wiki/Install_System_Apps
Users can freely create as many email accounts required for the domains added to their Bread BasketPanel.
Quick Guide: http://webuzo.com/wiki/Add_Email_Account
Bread Basket provides SquirrelMail as the default Webmail to access emails of the accounts created from the Bread Basket Panel.
Quick Guide: http://webuzo.com/wiki/Access_Emails
Once you have created Email Accounts using the tutorials mentioned above. Here is a stepwise guide to configure your inbox on Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the
Microsoft Office suite.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 installed.
2. Configuration Settings
=> SMTP Host : example.com (Domain Name)
=> SMTP PORT : 587
=> TLS : Enabled
=> IMAP/POP3 Host : example.com (Domain Name)
=> POP3 PORT : 993
=> SSL : Enabled
3. Email Account Details
=> Email Account : email@example.com
=> Password : password
The following settings allow you to configure Outlook manually: 1) Click on Microsoft Outlook 2007 >> Tools >> Account Settings to Add an Email Account
2) Click on “New” under the “Email” Tab. Since we are to configure Outlook manually, tick the Checkbox as in the following image.
3) Click on “Internet E-mail” in the following tab and Click Next.
4) Fill in the details as mentioned earlier in the assumption with account type as POP3
5) (a) Click on the “More Settings” to further configure your email account.
Tick the Check box for the Outgoing Server >> Authentication as in the image below
Patch is available to overcome the “505 Error” on CentOS 6.x which facilitates the setting below. (b) Under “More Settings > Outgoing Server” make the following changes :
> Tick the checkbox – “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
> Check the radio button – “Use same setting as my incoming mail server”
6) Click on the Advanced Tab inline for changes related to PORT and TLS as in the image below.
Under “More Settings > Advanced Settings” make the following changes :
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
Use the following type of encrypted connection : TLS
7) Click OK and Hit “Test Account Settings” to test your setup. Click Finish to complete the Setup and you are good to go.
Hope the information was enough to help you configure Bread Basket Emails on Outlook.
Common Problems : 1) 505 Error
Skip Step 5(b) and add the Client IP to /etc/relayhosts on your server to resolve this issue.
Access the following URL to fetch the client machine IP where Outlook is installed.
Alternately, contact the Webuzo Support requesting the patch to override the above settings if Bread Basket is deployed on CentOS 6.x
2) Temporary Connection Failure Confirm that the Dovecot and Exim Services are running on your server.
Since it is a temporary issue, a restart is recommended.
Restart your services from the Bread Basket Panel >> Services Menu