In this tutorial, we can learn more about overselling in WHM. Overselling means that the system limits the reseller via the resources that their cPanel accounts actually use instead of the resources that you been allocated. WHM’s Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges interface allows for a resource limit to be set. You can specify a maximum bandwidth and allocate disk space that a reseller can allocate to a cPanel account. You can enable or disable overselling capacity for a reseller.
How to enable/disable Overselling in WHM
1) Login to WHM.
2) Navigate to Home >> Resellers.
3) Click on the icon ‘Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges’.
4) Select the reseller or the account name that you want to edit and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
5) Select the option ‘Limit accounts that can create by Resource Usage’.
6) If you want to enable overselling select the option ‘Overselling Allowed’.
If you set limits for a reseller’s resources and enable the overselling option, it means you provide the resellers with the ability to create accounts using resources that can exceed your pre-set allocated maximum amount. The amount of disk space or bandwidth that the accounts use does not affect the reseller’s ability to make new accounts.
7) If you want to disable overselling untick the option “Overselling Allowed”.
If you set limits for a reseller’s resources and disable the overselling option, it means you provide the resellers with the ability to create accounts until they have reached the maximum allocation of resources you have provided them with. If the reseller reaches this maximum amount, it disables the new account creation option.
8) After making all the needed changes, click on the button ‘Save All Changes’.
If you need any further help please contact our support department.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.