Enable .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server
Posted on April 16th, 2017
Our ASP Windows Web Hosting plans come with .Net Framework already installed. A list of supported .Net versions is available. You can also change .Net Framework version you are using inside the Plesk Control Panel. If you are administering your own Windows Server this guide will help you enable the .Net Framework on your Windows Server. The .NET Framework is a technology that supports building and running the next generation of XML web services and applications. Simply .NET Framework is a programming infrastructure designed by Microsoft for building, running, deploying services, and applications that use .NET technologies, such as Web services and Desktop applications. The .NET Framework also includes all the features of .NET Framework 2.0. The .NET Framework contains three major parts. They are:
1) Common Language Runtime
2) Framework Class Library
The .NET Framework 3.5 features:
1) LINQ (Language Integrated Query) for SQL, Dataset, Object, XML
2) Active directory
3) p2p base class
4) Paging support for ADO.NET
5) Adding system
6) ASP.NET Ajax
7) Asynchronous network I/O API
8) Support for HTTP syndication and pipelining feeds.
When we want to install old software on the Windows server 2016 which requires a older libraries to run. Let’s discuss about the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows server 2016.
By using the Windows server 2016, we can install .NET Framework 3.5 which can be easily installed through Server Manager.
1) Open the ‘Server Manager’ and navigate to the ‘Manage’ and then select ‘Add Roles and Features’.
2) Click next to ‘Features’ section and select the option ‘.NET Framework 3.5’ then click ‘Next’ button.
3) Click on ‘Install’ on the ‘Results’ section. It will start the installation process.
4) Finally, when the .NET Framework 3.5 has been successfully installed on Windows server 2016, click on the ‘Close’ button to finalize the installation process.
If you need any further help please contact our support department.