The temporary URL is used when the domain is in DNS propagation period. If you have just migrated your website from a different hosting provider, you may need to enable a temporary URL to verify if your site works before switching nameservers. Apache’s mod_userdir allows users to view their sites by entering their server hostname followed by a tilde (~) and the website owner’s username.
To enable temporary URL, do the following steps.
1) Login to WHM.
2) Navigate to ‘Security Center’.
3) Click on the icon ‘Apache mod_userdir Tweak’.
4) Uncheck the option ‘Enable mod_userdir Protection if you want to enable a temporary URL.
Enabling the protection means disabling access to http://server/~username. If you want to allow access to ~username, disable the protection.
5) You can enable by user account. In this case, you need to check the checkbox near the user account in the given list.
6) Click on the ‘Save’ button.
If you need any further help please contact our support department.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.