Error Fix: Joomla ‘SMTP connect () failed’ Error
By Jithin on October 25th, 2018
Error Fix: Joomla ‘SMTP connect () failed’ Error While Sending Mails
Joomla ‘SMTP connect () failed’ is a commonly encountered error while sending emails. When users try to update contact form they may face this type of error. By default, Joomla uses the PHP mail function to send emails. This setting can be changed from Joomla admin dashboard.
1) Login to your Joomla Admin Dashboard.
2) Click on the ‘Global’ menu under the ‘Configuration’ category.
3) Select the tab ‘Server’.
4) Under the ‘Mail Settings’ section, change the ‘Mailer’ as SMTP. From the drop-down box for Mailer, choose SMTP instead of PHP Mail:
5) Configure the below SMTP settings.
Enter the name of your mail server in the ‘SMTP Host’ section. This is your domain name or mail.domain.com. Enter the port and SMTP authentications such as username and password you are using.
6) Click on the ‘Send Test mail’ to confirm that the email was sent successfully.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.