Create an Event and Booking system in WordPress with Amelia
By Adarsh Sojitra on September 15th, 2021
Amelia plugin is the popular WordPress appointment Booking plugin. Users can easily book appointments with an employee for any service or business. This plugin has a simple but effective interface that provides an automated bookings system. You will get total support from the community. Also, people can book appointments with online or offline payment.
This plugin also has Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar integration to sync appointment bookings with your Google Calendar. Additionally, The plugin provides style customization options to match your booking form with your website.
The Amelia plugin is free to use. The amelia plugin is an automated appointment booking service. It has an automated process, and you have to configure the settings properly as per your needs. This plugin can reduce your total cost and potential errors. It’s easy to install the plugin. Moreover, it’s very simple to configure it with an easy interface. It is a user-friendly plugin, and you can set up this plugin with just three clicks. This plugin also provides a dashboard that shows business growth graphs and diagrams. Thus, it becomes easier to understand the stats. Basically, this plugin offers more detailed reportings of your business. You can also send SMS and email notifications to your customers for reminders.
Moreover, you can also track the payments and coupons in the “Finance” section. Amelia is compatible with any WordPress theme. Thus, you don’t need any custom CSS to make the booking functionality effective. The plugin is the best option for some businesses like clinics, gyms, salons, and other services to book an appointment with the staff. You can give opportunities to employees or customers for front-end access to their panel. That will let them manage their appointments and events from the front-end. Moreover, you can also conduct the virtual sessions via Zoom. You will be able to view the conversion rate for your appointment forms. You can create new events as well. Pro version provides the license for unlimited sites along with a 1-year premium and monthly updates.
You can also offer coupon discount codes to your customers for booking. Users will have multiple payment gateway options like PayPal and Stripe. For large-scale firms, you have to buy a premium version that is available at a low price. So, you can choose this plugin if you want all your employees, types of services, extra services with integrated paying methods in one place. The free version has limited features, and it restricts many fields. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief.
- The Amelia Plugin automatically sends notifications to the customers and employees. It will help your customers and employees to remind their appointments.
- Moreover, this plugin sends a real-time SMS with specific details. This plugin can configure specific days or dates range with different schedules.
- Amelia plugin has support to integrate WooCommerce, and it is flexible to work with an eCommerce store.
- You can add multiple Employees with specific working hours or days off. However, the day off feature is available in the pro version.
- You can add multiple services and service categories. You can create specific categories about services or staff.
- You will be able to view the conversion rate for your appointment forms. You will be able to add new events as well.
- The Amelia plugin also supports multiple business locations.
- This plugin provides some marketing strategies. And you can also add coupons that are easily manageable with this plugin.
- You can create and manage it within the WordPress dashboard. You don’t require any third-party plugin for that.
- This plugin also provides a dashboard that shows business growth graphs and diagrams. Thus, it becomes easier to understand the stats of your business.
- One of the best plugins with all these extra features and addons fully included with a single lifetime license.
- Users can have various online payment options like PayPal, Stripe, or WooCommerce to book their appointments.
- You can also give coupon codes to offer promotional discounts on bookings to your customers.
- Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar integration to sync appointment bookings with your Google Calendar.
- The plugin provides style customization options to match your booking form with your website.
- An opportunity to give employees or customers front-end access to their panel. That will let them manage their appointments and events from the front-end.
- You will also have zoom integration for virtual sessions. All the settings will be within the WordPress dashboard.
The Amelia pro plugin provides three paid plans – Basic, Pro, and developers. The Basic plan provides a license for one site and one year. It costs you around $60.20 per year, which also comes with premium support and monthly updates. This plan has a good deal for small businesses. Then the Pro plan costs you $111.23 per year. This plan allows you to use this single license on three different domains. The third plan is for developers. Also, this plan can be used with unlimited domains. It costs $254.09 per year. However, you will not get a package of services in the basic plan. It is only provided in Pro and developer plans.
How to install and Activate the Amelia plugin
The installation process is very easy. You can just follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner. Search “Amelia Plugin”.
Step 4: Now, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you need to activate the Amelia Plugin in order to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can now use this plugin on your site to create appointment booking forms for your customers.
How to Use Amelia Plugin to Create Appointment Booking Forms
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. Now, you can start creating appointment booking forms by configuring a few settings. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: First, go to the “Amelia” option on the left side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Then select “Services.”
Step 2: Once you see the service page, click on “Add Category.” Now, you need to give a category name and click on “Apply.”
Step 3: After adding the category, you can add services. Click on “Add service” on the top right corner. The sidebar will show up; now, you need to add the details. The mandatory fields are name, category, duration, and price. You can also fill up additional parameters. Now, click on “Save.”
Step 4: Now, go to the “Amelia” options on the dashboard. Click on “Settings“.
Step 5: You can configure many settings on this page, but some settings are reserved for the Pro version. However, you can do company settings. So click on “View company’s settings.”
Step 6: Now, fill up the company details. Add the company’s name, address, and contact information in the form. Then click on “Save.”
Step 7: After that, you will need to enter working and day off details. Go to “Provider Settings” and click on the third section, “Work hours” Select the working hours. The day off section is available for Pro version users. Now click on “save settings.”
Step 8:Now, create a new page for the appointment booking form. Then search for the “Amelia booking view” shortcode. You can publish the page after embedding the shortcode.
Now, customers can easily book an appointment for their time slot by selecting the date and time. You will get a notification once the customers book appointments for any time slot. However, there are many options which are not available in the free version. You can purchase the Pro version if you want to unlock the fields and advanced features.
Amelia is the powerful WordPress appointment booking plugin. You can easily add the service details and let your customers book the appointment. You will have various options to configure the booking forms. You can add work hours as well as day-offs in the calendar. Moreover, the plugin has Google calendar and Outlook calendar syncing. Thus, you can provide your visitors to select any date and time they want. All the configurations are within the WordPress dashboard. You can also send SMS and Email notifications to your customers as reminders. We have explained a guide on how to install and activate this plugin on your dashboard step by step. The installation process is very simple and quick.
You can also follow the guide on how to use and create the appointment booking forms on your site. We hope this article will help you to make the appointment booking forms easily.