Manage an Event site with Modern Events Calendar Lite WordPress Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on September 10th, 2021
Modern Events Calendar Lite is one of the most powerful event and ticketing solutions available for WordPress. It’s a comprehensive events management plugin, which is mobile-friendly and well designed to schedule and display events or locations. You can design an event calendar and an advanced booking system. However, the advanced booking feature is available in the premium version of this plugin. Using this plugin, you can display single events or recurring events efficiently on the front end of your site.
This plugin is equipped with various customization options in the free version, also you will have a list of add-on directories in the panel options. You can purchase any paid add-ons directly from the directory. Some add-ons are included in the Premium version of the plugin, like Elementor Form Builder and Woo-commerce. Also, you will get over 50 event layouts. You can create the short-codes for page builders as well. A short-code is fully compatible with your Page Builders, Including Elementor, Divi Builder, Visual Composer, King Composer, and Beaver Builder. This plugin is schema-ready. So you will have event schema markup to a single page and short-codes, which is highly recommended for SEO.
You can place the short-code on any page you want, and the result of the search will be the events along with all their features. In addition, you will have a custom archive skin feature. Thus, for the category & archives, you can simply choose a pre-built skin or a particular skin of the short-codes, just like the archive page. It shows the user’s event status in the events list. Therefore, the end users will know about the status of their sent event by the event submission. So, let’s briefly discuss the basic features of this plugin.
- The plugin provides a mobile-friendly interface and comes with a well-designed schedule calendar.
- It allows you to customize various categories in the event details – Date and time, hourly schedule, event links, and organizers details.
- It also offers an add-ons directory that consists of woo-commerce and page builders like Elementor. However, some add-ons are available in the premium version of the plugin. Rest add-ons, you can purchase separately directly from the directory.
- It will allow you to create short-codes for page builders. Thus, you can directly embed the short-codes to show the list of events on your site.
- You will also have event schema markup to a single page and short-codes, which is highly recommended for SEO.
- You can also show/hide the organizer details.
- Moreover, you can place those short-codes anywhere on your site to display the list of events. There are multiple formats to display events like classic, grid, etc.
- You will have an advanced booking & payment system, these features are available in the premium version.
- You can also show the countdown timer on the event page.
- Additionally, you will have a custom archive skin feature. Thus, for the category & archives, you can simply choose a pre-built skin or a particular skin of the short-codes, just like the archive page.
- You will have various options to configure, such as styling and modules.
- You can also enable Google Re-captcha. However, you will need to enter the site API key and secret key to enable the Re-captcha.
- It allows you to set the specific currency type and symbol positions as well. Thus, you will have complete control over the configuration options to schedule the events.
- The plugin has many integrations such as Zoom Advanced Organizer and locations, Zapier integrations. Thus, you can use any add-on or integrations to unlock the advanced features.
Modern Events Calendar Lite plugin offers paid plans. The plugin is free to use and provides multiple features to add events anywhere on your site. The first plan offers a license for 1 site costs $75. It comes with a lifetime update and one year of premium support. Also, the second plan gives licenses for five sites and costs $255. The third plan costs $455 and comes with a license for ten sites. You will have various advanced features in the premium version like booking and payment features, multiple event layout options. The plugin also ensures 30-day money back guarantee in case it doesn’t suit your site.
How To Install and Activate Moderate Events Calendar Plugin
The installation process is simple. You can just follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner. Search “Modern Events Calendar Lite Plugin”.
Step 4: Now, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you need to activate the Modern Events Calendar Lite Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can start scheduling events using this plugin.
How to Add Events Using Modern Events Calendar Lite Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can now schedule the events on your site using the Modern Events Calendar plugin. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: To add or schedule the events, you can easily create them using this plugin. First, you need to go to the “M.E. Calendar” option available on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard then select “Add events.”
Step 2: Once you see the event editor page, you will need to enter the title of the event. Then enter the short description of your event below the event title.
Step 3: The third step will be “Event Details.” Scroll down to “Event Details.” You will have to enter event details like date & time, event repeating, hourly schedule and location, etc. You will have 8 sections to configure the event details.
Now, click on “Date & Time.” You can edit the starting date & time. After that, add the ending date & time. You can enable or disable the all-day event or hide the event time, you will be allowed to show the countdown timer for the events.
Step 4: The next step will be the “Event Repeating” section.” If the events are recurring, then you can enable the “recurring events” option.
Step 5: Now, click on “Hourly Schedule.” You can add the days to show the hourly schedule, also it allows you to add the time, location, and description of the place. Hourly schedule is a must in any event management site.
Step 6: After that schedule setting, click on the “Location/Venue” section. You can add the event’s main location in this section. Additionally, you will be able to select the extra locations. It allows you to show the maps of the main location.
Step 7: Now, go to the “Link” section. In this section, you can display the event links and more information about the events.
Step 8: Click on the “Organizer” section. You can insert or hide the organizer details. It also allows you to add the other organizers.
Step 9: Now, go to the “Cost” section. You will need to add the event cost in this section.
Step 10: After the cost, click on “SEO Schema/ Event status.” This section is for informing search engines about your events. So they can manage your events better. Therefore you can use these statuses to be more Search Engine Friendly.
Now click on “Publish,” or you can preview the event details. Moreover, the plugin allows you to create short-codes of events to embed them on the web pages. You will be able to add the locations, labels, and categories as well using this plugin. Additionally, the plugin also provides a multiple add-ons list. However, you will need to purchase the add-ons separately, and some add-ons are available in the Pro version.
Modern Events Calendar Lite is a freemium plugin for booking and ticketing. It has powerful features to schedule any events with advanced features in the free version. You can easily create an effective events scheduler using this plugin. The plugin also provides short-codes to display the event list on the pages or anywhere on the site. You can create short-codes for page builders. The plugin has various integrations as well, like Woo-commerce and Elementor Form builder. It provides an add-on directory as well. You can easily purchase the separate add-ons directly from the directory. Moreover, you will have schema markup or event status feature, which is highly recommended for SEO.
The installation and setup process is simple. You can follow the step-by-step guide on installing and activating the Modern Events Calendar plugin. We have also explained the steps on how to add events using this plugin. We hope this article will help you to add the events on your site using this plugin.