Fix for “Error*: Unable to check csf due to xtables lock, enable WAITLOCK in csf.conf “
If you are getting the error “error*: Unable to check csf due to xtables lock, enable WAITLOCK in csf.conf” you need to enable “WAITLOCK” in the firewall configuration and if you are still getting the same error you need to enable LF_IPSET in your csf.conf file. Please follow the below steps to enable LF_IPSET.
1) Login to your WHM interface.
2) Navigate to Home >> Plugins
3) Click on “ConfigServer Security & Firewall”
4) A new window will open and here click on the button “Firewall configuration”
5) On the next page, you can see the option ‘LF_IPSET’ and change its status from ‘Off’ to ‘On’.
6) Restart firewall.
You can also enable the same via command line.
1) Login to your server via SSH.
2) Open the csf configuration file.
# vi /etc/csf/csf.conf
3) Search for “LF_IPSET” and change the value from “0” to “1”
4) Restart csf service.
# csf -r
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.