Fix the Mixed Content Issue on WordPress
Now all the sites build using the HTTPS. HTTPS is important for sites to secure the same from attacks. When we browse SSL installed sites, we can see a green padlock symbol on the search bar of the domain. But in some sites the site is loading with https, the padlock symbol will be missing. This issue is with the mixed content in the sites. You can verify if the issue is related with mixed content by checking from the tools called “Console” available under the “Inspect” option in all modern browser. This will list all the loaded source link on the browser menu and if there is any mixed contents detected it will be listed specifically.
Mixed content occurs when initial HTML is loaded over a secure HTTPS connection, but other resources (such as images, videos, style sheets, scripts) are loaded over an insecure HTTP connection. This is called mixed content because both HTTP and HTTPS content are being loaded to display the same page, and the initial request was secure over HTTPS. Modern browsers display warnings about this type of content to indicate to the user that this page contains insecure resources. We can fix this by converting all the http connections to https, for WordPress sites we can simply convert this url using a plugins. There are different types of plugins available, for example “SSL Insecure Content Fixer”. When this plugins activated, it’s default settings are also get activated and this will automatically fixes the issues on the website. By default the simple fix level is enabled. you can choose the type of level . I am attaching the screenshot of the steps to install and activating this plugin.
1) Login to WordPress Dashboard.
2) Select the “Plugins” option to install the plugin.
3) Click on the option “Add New”.
4) Search for the plugin “SSL Insecure Content Fixer” and it will list the same along with similar plugin lists. Then click on the option “Install Now”.
5) Once it is activated, you can change the settings from “Settings” option on the main page. From there, you can select the plugin settings, it will list all the options available. You can select the options according to your need.
This will automatically fix the Mixed content issue on the website. You can check the same by browsing the website by cleaning the browser cache.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.