Which Hosting Plan Should I Choose?
Posted on March 30th, 2017
Are you looking for a hosting plan? Confused which one to choose? Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting or Dedicated Hosting? Continue reading this article to help you determine the best plan that suits your requirements.
These are our most affordable and economical web hosting plans. Shared web hosting means multiple users share one physical server and it’s resources. It is recommended for customers that don’t have large amount of incoming traffic. Almost every tool and modules required for common web applications are pre-installed here.
Advantages of InterServer Shared Hosting
- Very economical. Our most affordable plan
- Fully managed. Means our support team will do most of the technical operations for you.
- Easy to use control panel
- 381 1 click install scripts available
- Hardware raid 10 servers with SSD Drive Caching.
- SQL Databases are stored on Ultra-Fast SSD Drives.
- We never overload our servers. Utilizing only 50% of available resources allows us to support the growth of our customer’s websites without experiencing performance issues.
- Easily scale your website to VPS or Dedicated Servers with our no down time migration process.
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
- You will not be able to install any modules or programs that require server side changes
- Since it’s a shared environment, issues with other sites sometimes will affect your site.
- It is not suitable for resource intensive applications.
- You are not allowed to make any customization that will require server side changes.
A VPS ( Virtual Private Server ) is a shared server platform that mimics all features and functions of a dedicated server. A VPS will have it’s own operating system and customers will get access with full administrative privileges. This means you can install anything upon it and can customize the VPS as desired.
Advantages of InterServer VPS Hosting
- You will get access to server with full administrative privileges.
- You can choose your OS from the list of supported OS’s
- You can install any applications and can make any server side changes.
- You can choose a stand alone server or choose any supported control panels.
- You can upgrade or downgrade the resources anytime.
Disadvantages of VPS Hosting
- You will need bit of technical knowledge to effectively manage the backend of a VPS server.
- VPS is a shared server platform that mimics all features and functions of a dedicated server. Instead physical resources are being shared amongst customers. In rare situations, other server hosted on your same node may affect your VPS’s performance. ( depends on the virtualization technique. )
It’s an actual physical server with real hardware and resources. Techs at our Datacenter will be doing the server provisioning and upgrades. If you want to know more about our datacenters and network, the details are available in the following links.
Advantages of InterServer Dedicated Hosting
- Suitable for high resource intensive applications.
- Recommended if you are are getting high incoming traffic.
- You can choose to install any OS’s.
- Extreme reliability and performance.
Disadvantages of Dedicated Hosting
- Expensive when compared to our VPS and Shared plans.
I hope now you have an idea about our different hosting plans. If you are still confused about which plan to choose, please contact our sales team and we will help you.