HostMonster to InterServer cPanel Migration
By manoj on December 6th, 2017
cPanel is the most popular webhosting control panel in the World to manage websites. The cPanel has a great User-Friendly interface to manage websites – DNS, emails, web server, PHP and all other features necessary for webhosting. InterServer provides all the cPanel features for our customers including unlimited domain hosting and unlimited Email accounts and databases. Most of the webhosting providers don’t provide all the cPanel features. Our Standard Webhosting package comes with cPanel control panel and the migration process between cPanel to cPanel is very easy. We can easily migrate your websites over to your webhosting account with us easily as you have cPanel control panel on your webhosting account associated with HostMonster. In this tutorial we assume you already have a Standard Hosting package with us, so let’s begin with the steps to migrate your website from HostMonster to InterServer.
The first step is to login to your HostMonster control panel. You can access HostMonster cPanel interface via one of the below URLs. Make sure that the domain is correctly pointing to your webhosting account at HostMonster and replace example.com with your exact domain name.
Or you can use your client portal to access to cPanel interface. Once logged in you can see the cPanel interface.
cPanel to cPanel Migration Steps
Download cPanel Backup from HostMonster
1) You need to login to your cPanel account first.
2) Scroll down to the File Management section and click on “Site Backup Pro”. Although it says “Pro” on the icon don’t worry you can still use the basic version free of charge.
3) Click on the backup and restore button on the left-hand side underneath “Basic” version. At this point, you can choose what you would like to download or restore, your website files, home directory emails, MySQL databases or the full cPanel backups that include the above.
4) Choose “Download” option under Full cPanel Backup. The full cPanel backup contains data on your entire account including website files and settings, databases, forwarders, email accounts etc.
5) For Downloading a backup there will be prompt to choose a date. Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate date of the backup you wish to use.
6) Next, choose the type of compressed file you would like to download; this could be a .tar or .zip file. If you are unsure which format to download choose .zip as all modern Operating Systems are able to open a .zip file.
7) The tool will then begin preparing your files. Once complete, you’ll be given a dialog with a link to download your files.
Upload cPanel Backup to InterServer
Once the cPanel backup is downloaded, upload this backup to your InterServer cPanel account either via cPanel’s File Manager feature or via FTP client such as FileZilla. You can have a look at our KB for how to transfer files over FileZilla to your account at https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/using-filezilla-to-upload-a-website/
Once it is completed, you need to open a ticket for restoring the backup file so that our support team will do the restoration for you. You could open a ticket from your Client Portal at https://my.interserver.net >> Support >> Open New Ticket. Also, if you need to restore only a particular domain, then please mention that scenario clearly on your ticket. Our support team will get back to you shortly via ticket regarding cPanel migration.
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.