How To Add FAQs In WordPress Using Ultimate FAQ Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on November 9th, 2021
FAQ stands for frequently asked questions. It is a list of commonly asked questions and answers about a specific topic. You can easily add FAQs to your site using the plugin. There are multiple plugins available for FAQs in the WordPress Plugin directory for free. Here we have considered the Ultimate FAQ plugin to add FAQs in WordPress.
The Ultimate FAQ is one of the best FAQ plugins for WordPress sites. You can easily use as many FAQs as you want using this plugin. It will let you create FAQ categories and add FAQ tags as well. Also, you can moderate author names in the FAQs. The Ultimate FAQ plugin offers WooCommerce integration and Block Editor optimization. The plugin has a simple and easy to use interface.
Moreover, this plugin also provides unlimited tag and category support. The plugin also has excellent visual features like accordion and toggle. And it makes the FAQs more attractive. Also, the plugin allows your visitors and regular users of your website to comment on individual FAQs. It provides a collaborative experience on your WordPress website.
Moreover, the plugin also provides shortcodes for displaying, searching, and submitting the FAQs. You need to insert the shortcode anywhere on your site. Also, this plugin has integrated with the Gutenberg editor, which is one of the best editors available for WordPress. Moreover, the Ultimate FAQ plugin has a responsive accordion layout that fits seamlessly into any product page. Also, You will need to add the Display FAQs Gutenberg block on any page to display your FAQs. You will have shortcodes for displaying and searching. Various shortcodes are mentioned below in this article. Moreover, the shortcodes mentioned in this article work well with any editor Gutenberg, classic editor, or any page builder. Thus, the plugin is compatible with any editor.
Moreover, the Ultimate FAQ plugin also evaluates all the FAQs’ performance. The dashboard shows you FAQ details such as how many times the FAQ is visited and its many questions. So basically, you will get complete statistics of FAQs in one place. Thus, you can see the FAQ progress and increase the visibility of FAQs. The plugin will let you add an FAQ submit the form to your site. So visitors can suggest their FAQs and also answers to your FAQs.
Moreover, You will have advanced FAQ styling options in the premium version. Also, you can change the FAQ permalink slug base. Additionally, you can export FAQs to spreadsheets. Also, it allows you to export all FAQs to a PDF to create a user manual. In the premium plan, you will have advanced FAQ styling options in the premium version. Moreover, you can change the FAQ permalink slug base. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The Ultimate FAQ plugin allows you to create unlimited FAQs, Categories and tags.
- This plugin offers various FAQ blocks. Ultimately that will be helpful for multiple websites with different designs.
- The plugin has a straightforward interface. Thus, you can easily add FAQs.
- The plugin can easily integrate with the WooCommerce eCommerce store. This plugin provides an FAQ tab for WooCommerce product pages.
- Moreover, this plugin provides responsive accordion layouts. The FAQ sections will fit on any website and any screen-size device.
- The Ultimate FAQ plugin also provides bulk import of FAQs from Google Spreadsheets.
- This plugin also offers Custom CSS styling options. So you can customize the FAQ sections as per your requirement.
- The plugin also provides shortcodes for displaying, searching, and submitting the FAQs.
- You will need to add the Display FAQs Gutenberg block on any page to display your FAQs. You will have shortcodes for displaying and searching. The shortcodes are mentioned below in this post. Moreover, the shortcodes mentioned below work well with Gutenberg, classic editor, or page builder. Thus, the plugin is compatible with any editor.
- In the Woocommerce add-on, the plugin will create an FAQ category that matches the name of a product or category in your WooCommerce, and it will automatically show. However, this is only available in the premium version of the plugin.
- You will have a responsive accordion layout that fits seamlessly into any product page.
- In the premium version, you can choose from 15 toggle icon sets for your frequently asked questions.
- Moreover, it will also allow you to share FAQs on various social media platforms.
- The plugin provides a drag and drop feature for precise re-ordering of FAQs.
- You can add an FAQ and submit the form to your site. So visitors can suggest their FAQs and also answers to your FAQs.
- Moreover, you can select animation options, too, using the premium version.
- It also allows you to add an FAQ and submit the form to your site to suggest their FAQs and answer them.
- You will have advanced FAQ styling options in the premium version. Also, you can change the FAQ permalink slug base.
The Unlimited FAQ plugin is available as a free version in the WordPress Plugin Directory. You can easily install the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory for free. However, the free version has limited features. Moreover, the plugin comes with Woocommerce integration, and these add-ons features are in the premium version only. It also offers the premium version, which has many advanced features. The premium version of this plugin is available with a $30 per year subscription. The premium plan will allow you more styling features and functionality.
How to Install and Activate Ultimate FAQ Plugin
The installation process is straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “Ultimate FAQ Plugin”.
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the Ultimate FAQ Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can add and display multiple FAQs on your site using the Ultimate FAQ plugin.
How to Add New FAQ on Your Site Using Ultimate FAQ Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You need to do a few settings to use this plugin. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: First, go to the “FAQs” option on the left-hand side panel of WordPress. Then select “Add New.”
Step 2: After that, it will direct you to the FAQ editor. First, enter the title of the FAQ, then add the description of the FAQ.
Step 3: You can edit the FAQ details at the bottom of the editor. You can change the author name. Now, Click on the “settings” icon to add the FAQ category and tags.
Step 4: Click on the “FAQ” tab to edit the details. You can moderate the permalink. To add a new category, click on “Add new Category” Then, you will see the FAQ tags. You can insert the tags if you want. Otherwise, you can skip the step.
This way, you can easily add multiple FAQs to your site. You can display the FAQs anywhere on your site using shortcodes. Various shortcodes for searching, showing and submitting are mentioned below. The detailed steps for displaying the FAQs anywhere on your site are discussed below,
How to display the FAQs in Post Using Shortcodes
To display or search or submit the FAQs, you will have multiple shortcodes. You can also edit them as per your requirement. Also, all the shortcodes mentioned here work well with any editor. We have explained the step by step guide below on how to display FAQs anywhere on your site,
Step 1: First, you will have to create a new post or page to embed the FAQs. We are embedding the FAQs in the post.
Step 2: After that, click on the “+” sign to search the shortcode block. Now, enter the shortcode in the box.
You can use the shortcodes mentioned below to display, search and submit the FAQs,
To display the FAQs, you can use this – [ultimate-faqs]. It will display all the FAQs in the list.
Include or exclude FAQs categories
To include or exclude specific categories, you can use [ultimate-faqs exclude_category=’plugins’]. Using this shortcode, you can display the FAQS except for FAQs under the plugins category.
To search FAQs, you will have a Search FAQs shortcode that displays a search bar. It will let users search for FAQs containing the search query within the question or answer.
To submit the FAQs, you will have a Submit FAQ shortcode. It provides users with a submission form for making an FAQ out of their questions. You can use this shortcode -[submit-question].
Using recent FAQ shortcodes, you can display the five most recently created frequently asked questions. You can use this – [recent-faqs]. Moreover, you can change the default number to whatever you wish, for example: [recent-faqs post_count=’4′]
By default, the Popular FAQs shortcode displays the five most viewed frequently asked questions. You can use this – [popular-faqs]
You can choose any shortcodes as per your requirement. Here, we are displaying all the shortcodes in the post. You can also modify the number of FAQs in the post.
Step 3: Once you have entered the FAQ shortcode, you can publish the post. Check the post if all the FAQs are displayed or not. This way, using shortcodes, you can display the FAQs anywhere on your sites, such as pages, posts, or widget areas.
The Ultimate FAQ is the most popular FAQ plugin for WordPress sites. You can add multiple FAQs, categories, and tags. The plugin also provides shortcodes to embed the FAQs anywhere on your site. The plugin is free to use. The ultimate FAQ plugin has a user-friendly interface as well. You can easily install it from the WordPress Plugin directory. However, the free version of the plugin comes with limited features then you can upgrade to the premium version of the plugin. It also provides shortcodes to display, search, or submit FAQs anywhere on your sites, like widget area, page, or post. Most importantly, the plugin allows you to add an FAQ submit the form to your site. So that visitors can suggest their FAQs and answers as well.
The installation and setup process is straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned above to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have noted a step by step guide on how to add and display FAQs using this plugin. We hope this article will help you to add multiple FAQs to your site using this plugin.