How To Add Job Listing On Your Site Using WP Job Manager plugin
Posted on June 6th, 2022
WP Job Manager plugin is one of the popular job listing plugins for WordPress sites. You can easily add job listings to your site using this plugin. This plugin is available in the WordPress Plugin Directory for free. It will allow you to add the job data by providing a classic editor manually. However, you can convert it into the block editor with just one click. Also, you can enter the job position, company name, website URL, and company tagline as well. It will allow you to add the company’s video as well.
You can enable the position filled option if the vacancy is already filled. Moreover, the plugin will let you add, manage, and categorize job listings using the familiar WordPress User Interface. You can search and filter the job listings using shortcodes. Moreover, you can create frontend forms for guests and registered users to submit and manage job listings. You can allow job listers to preview their listing before it goes live. The preview matches the appearance of a live job listing. Each listing can be tied to an email or website address so that job seekers can apply for the jobs.
The plugin allows candidates to apply to jobs using a form & employers to view and manage the applications from their job dashboard. However, you will need to subscribe to this plugin to get the support and update service. The plugin doesn’t offer any premium version. Although if you want to use the advanced options for listing, you can purchase the core bundle add-on plans. The price of this bundle is mentioned below in the pricing details section. However, the core plugin consists of all the essential features to add the listing. The WP Job Manager plugin also provides shortcodes to embed the job listing anywhere on your site. The plugin allows candidates to apply to jobs using a form & employers to view and manage the applications from their job dashboard.
You will have paid listing functionality powered by WooCommerce. So using this plugin, you can create custom job packages that can be purchased or redeemed during job submission. However, you will require the WooCommerce plugin to work this feature on your site. The plugin offers a resume manager plugin as well. It is a plugin built on top of WP Job Manager. It adds a resume submission form to your site and resumes listings, all manageable from WordPress admin. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin has a very straightforward and easy-to-use interface.
- You can easily add, manage, and categorize job listings using the familiar WordPress UI.
- Moreover, it allows you to create the frontend forms for the guests and registered users to manage and apply for the jobs.
- Also, the plugin allows job listers to preview their listing before it goes live. The preview matches the appearance of a live job listing.
- WP Job Manager plugin provides searchable and filterable ajax powered job listings added to your pages via shortcodes.
- Using this plugin, you can also display RSS links. It will help job seekers to be alert when a new job vacancy is added to the listings.
- Also, you can allow logged-in employers to view, edit, mark filled, or delete their active job listings.
- The plugin is developer-friendly as well. Developers can edit or customize the custom post type, endpoints, and template files.
- You can insert the company name, location, website URL, tagline, and description of the job position. Moreover, you can also upload the company’s video.
- It allows you to set the expiry date of the job listing as well. If the vacancy is filled, then you can enable the position filled option as well.
- Moreover, the plugin comes with several shortcodes to output jobs in various formats.
- The plugin is entirely free to use. So, you don’t have to pay for the extra features. However, if you want to use the advanced options of this plugin, then you can purchase the add-ons available on this plugin.
- WP Job Manager plugin doesn’t include a third-party extension. So, you can use only those add-ons which are available in the core add-on bundle.
- You will require to subscribe to the plugin to get support and updates. Moreover, you will get a 30% discount on the annual renewal of the add-on bundle.
The core WP Job Manager is completely free to use job listing plugins. You can install it from the WordPress plugin library. The core plugin includes all the essential features to start a job listing on your site. The plugin doesn’t provide any premium version. However, if you want to use the advanced features of this plugin, then you can purchase separate add-ons for it. The plugin offers a core add-on bundle. It includes Personal and Developer plans. Also, the personal plan costs $125 per year. The Developer plan retails at $250 per year. Also, the Core add-on bundle includes WC paid listing, job tags, application, bookmarks, and resume manager. However, it doesn’t have a third-party extension. You can use only those add-ons which will be available on the official site.
How to Install and Activate WP Job Manager plugin
The installation process is Straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “WP Job Manager plugin.”
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the WP Job Manager plugin in order to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can start listing jobs on your site using this plugin.
How to Add Job Listing on Your Site Using WP Job Manager plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. To do a job listing, you will need to do some settings. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use the WP Job Manager plugin,
Step 1: First of all, go to the “Job listing” option on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard, Then select the “Add New” option to insert the jobs on your site.
Step 2: You will see the job editor. You can manually add the information without any blocks. Also, you can convert the editor into Block Editor. You can add a brief description of the job and job positions.
Step 3: Now, scroll down to the “Job Data” section. In this section, you can add the job information in the blocks. First, you need to enter the name of the employer who posted the job ad. Then, enter the application email/URL so that candidates can contact or collect detailed information about your company. After that, you can add the company website URL and Twitter account information. Also, you can enable the option “Position Filled” if the company has stopped accepting the application.
Step 4: You can also set the expiry date of the job listing. Also, enter the job location and name of the company. You can also add the tagline of the company. Moreover, it allows you to upload the company’s video.
Once you are done with editing, you can “publish” it. You can also check the front end of your site whether it is displayed correctly or not. This way, you can easily add job listings to your site using this plugin. You can show the job listing anywhere on your site using shortcodes.
WP Job Manager plugin is one of the best job listing plugins for WordPress sites. You can add and manage the job listing with various options. The plugin is entirely free to use. You can install it from the WordPress plugin directory. However, if you want to unlock the advanced features, then you can purchase the add-ons separately. The premium add-on includes various features like resume manager, job tags, applications, WC paid listing, and many more. The plugin doesn’t provide any premium version. But still, it gives a core bundle add-on to provide the premium features of this plugin. Moreover, you can also display the job listing anywhere on the page via shortcodes.
The installation and the setup process are very straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have explained step by step guide on how to use this plugin. We hope this article will help you add job listings on your site using the WP Job Manager plugin.