How To Add New Font Controls On Your Site Using Easy Google Fonts Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on April 18th, 2022
Very few plugins listed in the WordPress plugin directory have integrated Google Fonts with WordPress. Easy Google Fonts is an excellent option for the Fonts plugin. The plugin lets you get a live preview of how the different fonts will look on your website before publishing it. You can use different fonts in the various elements of your site, such as paragraphs and headings. Moreover, you can also change the size, color, and other text attributes through WordPress Customizer.
In short, this plugin allows you to integrate Google Fonts to your theme without having to write a single line of code. The Easy Google Fonts plugin is free to use, and it can be installed on your site directly from the WordPress plugin directory. The Easy Google Fonts plugin allows you to preview and change the different fonts on your website using the WordPress Customizer tool. All the control and management will be from the WordPress dashboard. Once the plugin has been activated, it provides you a new section of controls to the Customizer titled Typography.
Using this plugin, you can start trying out the different fonts available from Google and customize the ones in use on your website. Easy Google Fonts gives you lots of controls for customizing how the text on your website looks. You can also modify the font styles to customize and choose an option from the Font Family dropdown menu. The plugin has seamless WordPress Integration. Thus, uses the WordPress customizer for the live preview and has a white label admin area that looks like it is a part of WordPress. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- Easy Google Fonts Plugin allows you to control your theme’s typography in any WordPress theme completely.
- You can choose from over 600+ google fonts and font variants to insert into your website without a single coding.
- It has a Live WordPress customizer feature. The plugin allows you to preview font changes on your website in real-time using the WordPress Customizer.
- It creates Unlimited Custom Font Controls. It lets you create custom font controls in the admin area, instantly available in the Customizer preview.
- The plugin lets you preview what your theme will look like with the new google fonts before you save any changes, unlike other font plugins.
- It allows you to create your font controls and rules in the admin area.
- The plugin automatically enqueues all stylesheets for your chosen google fonts.
- Easy Google Fonts plugin has a user-friendly setup process and straightforward interface.
- The plugin is free to use the WordPress fonts plugin. However, it comes with developer features.
- It allows you to add google fonts to your theme without editing the theme’s main stylesheet, which will enable you to update your theme without losing your custom google fonts.
- Moreover, the plugin works well with almost all WordPress themes. Also, it is a translation ready plugin, so you can easily translate it into multiple languages.
- You will have over 1000+ Google Fonts to choose from as well as a list of default system fonts.
- Also, it allows you to customize the fonts, style and position of the paragraphs and headings on your site.
- Moreover, The plugin helps you to enhance the site Performance. It basically will only make a single request to google to fetch all fonts.
- The plugin is a highly Secure fonts plugin, unlike other plugins. It checks user permissions, uses nonces and the WordPress Security API.
Easy Google Fonts plugin is free to use a WordPress plugin. You can install it from the WordPress plugin directory for free. You don’t have to pay for advanced options and features. Also, you will have multiple developer features in the free version of the plugin.
How to Install and Activate Easy Google Fonts Plugin
The installation process is Straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “Easy Google Fonts Plugin”
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the Easy Google Fonts Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can easily add custom fonts to your site using this plugin.
How to Add New Font Controls Using Easy Google Fonts Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can set up the plugin easily with just a few clicks. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use the Easy Google Fonts Plugin,
Step 1: First of all, go to the “Settings” option on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Then select the “Easy Google Fonts” option.
Step 2: Now, Click on the “New font control” option to add new custom fonts. It also allows you to add a CSS selector for fonts. This control panel is to manage any existing font controls for your themes. Once you have added font control, you can click on the “Save Font control” option.
Step 3: After that, click on the “Manage Live Preview” option on the top of the panel. The Typography customizer will open up. Now, you can edit the custom fonts anywhere on your site.
Step 4: There are various elements like typography, site identity, widgets, home page settings and many more. First, click on the “Typography” section. In this section, you can use the custom fonts in the paragraph and headings of your site. You will have three areas to customize – Font, style, and position. First, select the language and fonts. It also allows you to define font-weight for paragraphs. Now, once you are done with editing, click on “Reset”. Likewise, you can modify the fonts of the headings as well.
Step 5: In the style section under typography, you can edit the font colour, background colour, font size, line height and letter spacing. Make sure to click on “Reset” after making the changes.
Step 6: Now, go to the “Position” section; you can change top and bottom margins, paddings, border, border radius, and display settings.
Step 7: After that. Click on the “Settings” tab. This section can insert a Google API key to enable the latest updated fonts in the Google font directory. Using the API key, you can use the latest fonts. Once you are done inserting the API key, click on “Save API Key”. This way, you can easily add font controls using this plugin.
Easy Google Fonts plugin is an effective WordPress fonts plugin. You can easily edit the fonts and add new custom fonts on your site using this plugin. The plugin is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The free version of the plugin comes with advanced features and options. Also, the plugin provides developer features as well such as CSS selectors for fonts. It allows you to create your font controls and rules in the admin area. All the control will be managed from the WordPress dashboard.
The Easy Google Fonts plugin comes with custom WordPress Customizer Control. It is a one-of-a-kind control only available with this plugin. Moreover, it has seamless WordPress Integration. So, Uses the WordPress customizer for the live preview and has a white label admin area that looks like it is a part of WordPress. You will have over 600+ Google Fonts to choose from as well as a list of default system fonts. You can add new font control by adding custom fonts. Also, it allows you to customize the fonts, style, and position of the paragraphs and headings on your site.
The installation and the setup process are very straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have explained step by step guide on how to set up this plugin. We hope this article will help you create and customize fonts on your site using the Easy Google Fonts Plugin.