How To Add Search Box on Your Site Using Relevanssi Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on November 9th, 2021
Relevanssi is also one of the most popular WordPress search plugins. This plugin provides more relevant results for searches. Also, it is available for free with essential features and a premium version with all features. The plugin also provides a more comprehensive and relevant search result. Using this plugin, you can get lots of features and configurable options. Relevanssi plugin also supports multiple sites and plugins. Additionally, it also helps a customer search WooCommerce products, categories and tags, custom fields, PDF content, user profiles, shortcodes output, and more. Search results are sorted in order of relevance. It supports bbPress and also adjusts the weighting of the titles, tags, comments.
The plugin has a free version with an essential feature to do indexing and displaying search boxes on your site. However, it also has a premium version which includes Multisite support and some other additional features. However, the free version includes lots of valuable features to improve the WordPress search experience for your visitors. The features of Relevanssi include partial and fuzzy matching, use of OR and AND queries, searching for exact phrases, highlighting the search terms in the results, and searching of comments, tags, categories, and custom fields. There are some more advanced features that you can use to customize how your new search tool will work. Moreover, it includes adjusting the weighting for post titles, tags, comments, and search results throttling to improve performance on large websites with lots of content.
Relevanssi free version is available in WordPress Plugins Directory. You can also have a premium version of the plugin. Relevanssi works with the standard WordPress search, so you won’t need to add any special search box. The plugin has auto-integration with various e-commerce plugins. It creates the index for almost all types of content and also updates it automatically. Relevanssi generally works well with Ultimate Members and can be used to search Ultimate Member profiles. Also, you can restrict searches to categories and tags using a hidden variable or plugin settings. You can easily use this plugin for searching across multiple sites. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin has a straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- Relevanssi plugin will sort search results by relevance.
- The plugin also Integrates with various eCommerce plugins.
- Also, the plugin includes many features you can use to customize how your new search tool will work.
- You can create an index of almost all types of content.
- It is able to create a search index.
- The features of Relevanssi include partial and fuzzy matching, use of OR and AND queries, searching for exact phrases, highlighting the search terms in the results, and searching of comments, tags, categories, and custom fields.
- You are also able to search for phrases, texts, comments, and more. It creates the index for almost all types of content and also updates it automatically.
- The plugin comes with automatic full-style search suggestions.
- It basically highlights the query found in the search results.
- You will have many advanced features. The plugin supports various subscription plugins. Also, it offers search result throttling to improve performance on large databases.
- You will have ‘You mean?’ Suggestions like Google. It is a significant advanced feature of the plugin.
- The plugin redirects specific phrases to a particular page. However, you will need to upgrade to the premium version in order to use this feature.
- Also, it provides export and import settings. Moreover, it finds arbitrary MySQL columns in wp_post.
- The plugin lets you replace operators on the fly if required.
- Relevanssi plugin is Gutenberg friendly so that you will have blocks and widgets as well.
- You can disable indexing of post content and post titles with a simple filter hook.
- Moreover, you can restrict searches to categories and tags using a hidden variable or plugin settings.
Relevanssi plugin is free to use search plugin. It is available in the WordPress plugin library. The free version comes with basic features, and you can install it from the WordPress dashboard. The plugin provides a premium version as well. It offers two paid plans – Annual and permanent. Also, the annual plan costs $119.17. The permanent plan retails at $420.13. The premium version includes many advanced options and integrations like pdf content, custom fields for search.
How to Install and Activate Relevanssi Plugin
The installation process is Straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “Relevanssi Plugin”.
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the Relevanssi Plugin in order to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can easily add a search box to your site using this plugin.
How to Add Search Box Using Relevanssi Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can set up the plugin easily with just a few clicks. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use Relevanssi Plugin,
Step 1: First, go to the “settings” option on the left-hand side panel of the dashboard. Then select the “Relevanssi” option under the settings.
Step 2: The settings panel will open up. After activating the plugin, you must build the index for your site. Relevanssi will use the content in the index when carrying out a search of your website. Click on “Indexing Option.” You will see the “Build Index” option. It will take a couple of seconds to index the post. First, it will find out the total post on your site. Once it is completed, then refresh the page. You will see the state of the index.
Step 3: In the indexing option, you can choose which post types to index and which taxonomies to include. Other options include indexing your site’s authors, posting excerpts, comments, and more. You can also enable “Expand shortcode.” Once you are done with settings, click on “Save the options.”
Step 4: After building the search index, Relevanssi will replace the default WordPress search tool and start returning better results for your visitors. If your website design doesn’t include a search box, you can add the search widget to your theme’s widget areas through the widget settings. This way, you can easily add a search box to your site using this plugin.
Relevanssi plugin is one of the powerful searches. Plugins for WordPress sites. You can easily embed search boxes on your site using this plugin. The plugin has both free and premium versions. The free version comes with limited features, but the premium version comes with many advanced features. Relevanssi plugin can replace the standard WordPress search with a better search engine, with lots of features and configurable options. Also, the plugin is Gutenberg friendly so that you will have blocks and widgets for the search box. It has multisite support, so you can easily manage multiple sites on one network. It comes with the popular form plugin support as well, such as bbPress. The premium version also allows you to import and export the settings. Also, it creates the index for almost all types of content and also updates it automatically.
The installation and the setup process are very straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have explained step by step guide on how to set up this plugin. We hope this article will help you create and customize the indexing on your site using the Relevanssi Plugin.