How to change the default theme in Moodle
To customize the look of your Moodle site, you can change your theme settings from the Moodle Dashboard. Themes can also be uploaded to the server as well. In this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to change the default theme in Moodle to a more palatable theme. To change your theme in Moodle, please follow the below given steps.
1) Login to your Moodle Dashboard using your username and password.
2) Navigate to the option ‘Site administration’
3) Click on the button ‘Appearance’
4) Click on the option ‘Theme selector’ under the ‘Themes’ category.
5) In the information column, click the ‘Change Theme’ button for the standard default theme.
Following are the current theme device types:
Default: This is the standard theme for the Moodle site.
Legacy: is designed to work in old out of date browsers.
Mobile: gives the Moodle site the ability to display in common Mobile devices like iPhones.
Tablet: It designed to display the Moodle site specifically for tablets.
6) After you have selected the ‘Change theme’ button, a new window will be displayed and here you can select a theme from the list. On the Information column, click the ‘Use Theme’ button for the theme you have selected.
7) The next page will display the basic information about the new theme that you have selected. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
8) Now when going to the theme selector page, the new theme will display in place of the old theme.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.