Google’s Blogger is one of the world’s most popular blogging platforms, but while it is easy to use and provides everything that users need for creating their first blog, it is nowhere near as sophisticated as the WordPress platform. If you are either planning to monetize your blog, customize it more extensively or simply build a more professional-looking and feature-rich website, you’ll undoubtedly find that upgrading to WordPress comes with many benefits. Fortunately, you can easily import your existing Blogger posts into WordPress without having to manually copy, paste and publish them all over again. This guide explains how to use a free WordPress plugin to complete the process in just a few clicks. You will need to have an upgraded blog either on your own domain or hosted on blogspot.com before you can begin.
- Log in to your WordPress administrator dashboard and open the “Tools” menu from the sidebar. Click “Import”.
- The Import page displays a list of other blogging platforms and content management systems which you can import posts, comments and other content from. Click “Blogger” to install the Blogger importer plugin. A new window will pop up.
- Click “Install now” and wait for a few moments for the plugin to install. Once this process is complete, click “Activate Plugin & Run Importer”.
- Click “Authorize” followed by “Allow access” on the next page. Enter the username and password for your Google account if prompted.
- A list of Blogger blogs associated with your Google account will appear in the WordPress dashboard. Simply click “Import” beside the blog containing the posts and comments you want to import.
- Click “Set Authors” to configure the authors of the imported posts. If you are the only author on your blog, simply click “Save Changes” on the next page. All of your Blogger posts and their corresponding comments will now appear on your WordPress blog. You may need to re-customize certain aspects of the imported posts, such as formatting and images.