How to Install and Use Portfolio Gallery Plugin in WordPress
By Adarsh Sojitra on October 11th, 2021
The Portfolio Gallery plugin is an effective gallery plugin for WordPress. It allows you to create attractive galleries for your WordPress website. The plugin doesn’t require any codes like CSS and Other HTML designing codes. However, if you want to add your own custom CSS, it allows you to add your custom CSS without style tags. The plugin has quite a simple interface that beginners can easily understand. The core plugin is available for free, but you can buy the premium plan if you want to unlock the advanced features of this plugin. You just have to make a one-time payment for the premium plan, and you will get lifetime updates and support at an affordable price.
The pro version has various advanced features and layout designs to customize the gallery. The plugin provides 30+ hover effects in the pro version. Moreover, the pro version offers Ajax loader with animation features as well. You can also place the links in thumbnails. Additionally, you will get over 5 lightboxes and unlimited filters. At the same time, the free version provides only five filters and four primary filter colors.
In the free version, you will get only 2 column layouts and five hover effects. You can easily create a video gallery using the pro version. At the same time, the free version doesn’t allow you to create a video gallery. The default layout of the portfolio is the masonry layout. If you want to use the grid layout, then you can use the same size image for the portfolio. After that, you can show your portfolio with a grid layout.
Unlike normal layouts, Masonry layouts change completely with the addition or removal of elements. Because of this, it is better to have animation effects for adjusting elements. You will be able to show a portfolio with or without a lightbox. In the free version of the portfolio, you have a bootstrap lightbox with navigation. It has a very easy backend management interface. The primary plugin has some advanced features such as animations and hovers effects that are very helpful for visitor engagement. You can display these galleries by embedding shortcodes on any page or post. You just need to copy and paste it wherever you want on the site. This gallery is created with simple tools without any advanced features. So, now let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The LightboxLightbox is fully responsive and well managed on every device and screen size. Thus it works well on devices like mobile, desktops and laptops, iPods, and iPhones.
- You will have gallery thumbnail settings and column settings in the configuration section. It allows you to create the gallery with multiple columns in just a few clicks on the setting page of this plugin.
- You can add some information about the images on the galleries like text, captions, filters, and numbers. It is an important feature if you have booking sites.
- You can also customize each element of the gallery-like Colors, margins spacing, and image thumbnails.
- The plugin has image optimizations and hovers effect support, which will help you to decrease the loading time with effects. Moreover, you will get more than three effects in the pro version.
- This plugin also provides a Custom CSS area which can be helpful for the developers who want to have full control over gallery settings. It allows you to add custom CSS without the style tags.
- This plugin includes filters for most of the galleries which you inserted on your website. In this way, we can turn our website into filterable portfolios, which will drive ease to the visitors and users.
- However, This plugin doesn’t provide templates in the free version. It comes with 6+ templates in the pro version that includes masonry formats and regular grid styles.
- This plugin includes filters for most of the galleries which you inserted on your website. In this way, you can turn your website into filterable portfolios.
- You will have 30+ hover effects in the pro version. Moreover, the pro version offers Ajax loader with animation features as well.
- The free version provides only 2 column layouts and 5 hover effects. Moreover, you can easily create a video gallery using the pro version. At the same time, the free version doesn’t allow you to create a video gallery.
- The URL filtering is also provided in the premium version of the plugin.
- You will have bootstrap Lightbox. It’s the best and responsive bootstrap image lightbox.
- The plugin offers an SEO-friendly gallery. Thus, it also allows you to add metadata for individual images. And SEO is a very important part of images as well.
- The default layout of the portfolio is the masonry layout. If you want to use the grid layout, you can use the same size image for the portfolio. Then you can show your portfolio with a grid layout also.
- The plugin also allows you to sort and filter the elements without losing the structure of the layout. It is a good feature to have when you need dynamic Masonry layouts.
Portfolio Gallery Plugin offers a Premium plan. The Premium plan costs $29; you will have to make a one-time payment. You will get various templates designs, column layouts, 30+ hover effects, and effects. Moreover, you can get an Ajax loader with animation and unlimited filters.
How to install and Activate Portfolio Gallery Plugin
The installation process is very easy. You can just follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Search “Portfolio Image Gallery Plugin”.
Step 4: Now, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you need to activate the Portfolio Gallery Plugin in order to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can now start adding galleries using this plugin.
How to Add Gallery Using Portfolio Gallery Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can add galleries by configuring a few gallery settings. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: First, go to the “Portfolio Gallery” option available on the left-hand side panel. Then select “Add New Gallery.”
Step 2: Now, you have to enter the “Title” of the gallery. Then scroll down to “Add portfolio filter gallery.” You can add images from your computer by clicking on “Add Images.”
Step 3: After adding images, scroll down to the “Configuration” settings. You will have six tabs – Configuration, Filter, Lightbox, Custom CSS and Layouts, Load more button settings. However, layouts and loads more features are accessible in the Pro version. So, now click on “Configuration” for gallery image settings. You can set the gallery thumbnail sizes, hover effects, and column settings.
Step 4: Once you are done with the configuration section, you can click on “Filter” settings. You can show or hide the filters. Moreover, it also allows you to change the title color and background color. It will let you show the search box as well.
Step 5: Now, go to the “Lightbox” section. You can enable or disable the LightboxLightbox.
Step 6: In the Custom CSS section, you can add your own custom CSS. However, it doesn’t allow you to add style tags. Layout and load more sections are available in the Pro version.
Step 7: Once you are done with gallery settings, you can now publish the gallery.
Step 8: If you want to embed the gallery in the posts or pages, then you can have shortcodes. Copy the shortcode available on the left-hand side. Paste the shortcodes on the page or post you want. It will display the images on that page or post.
Portfolio Gallery is one of the best gallery plugins for WordPress. You can add galleries by configuring a few settings. The plugin also provides shortcodes to embed the galleries into any page or post. You will have gallery thumbnail settings and column settings. Moreover, you can enable or disable the LightboxLightbox as well. The other features like layouts and load more button settings are Pro features. If you would like to unlock these features, then you can upgrade to the Pro version. You can follow the guide mentioned on how to install and activate the Portfolio Gallery Plugin. The setup and installation process is very easy and simple. We have also explained the step-by-step guide on how to add galleries using this plugin. We hope this article will help you to customize the gallery for your site.