How to Install Odoo 10 on Centos 7?
By manoj on April 5th, 2018
Odoo formerly known as OpenERP is a very popular open source suite for enterprise management applications. The applications include Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Sales Pipeline, Project Management, Manufacturing, Invoicing, Accounting, e-commerce, and Inventory. It was created by Belgium based Odoo S.A Odoo officially have about 30 core modules which are also called official modules and more than 4500 community created modules. Odoo is licensed under GNU General Public License. Odoo’s business apps are organized into 6. Sales management applications, front-end applications, marketing applications human resources, productivity applications and business operations applications. Now let’s have a look at the installation procedure of Odoo.
1) It is a good practice to follow before any new installations make sure that the currently installed packages are up to date.
# yum -y update
2) Install EPEL repository.
# yum install -y epel-release
3) Odoo uses PostgreSQL, therefore let’s install this with some much-needed dependencies. To perform this, execute the following commands.
# yum install fonconfig libpng libX 11 libXEXT libXrender xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi wkhtmltopdf yum-utils -y
4) Now install the PostgreSQL.
# yum install postgresql-server
5) Setup the PostgreSQL setup
# postgresql-setup initdb
6) Enable the PostgreSQL to start on boot and also start the service.
# sytemctl enable postgresql
# systemctl start postgresql
7) Now let’s start the Odoo installation process. Add the Odoo repository
# yum-config-manager –add-repo=https://nightly.odoo.com/10.0/nightly/rpm/odoo.repo
8) Install Odoo
# yum install -y odoo
9) Edit the configuration file of Odoo to set the preferred password for Odoo.
# vi /etc/odoo/odoo.conf
10) You can see an option “admin_passwd = admin” remove the admin according to your need.
11) Enable Odoo to start on boot and also start the service.
# systemctl enable odoo
# systemctl start odoo
12) Now you can proceed with the further setup of Odoo by accessing http://yourdomainname:8069 or http://yourserverIPaddress:8069 in your favorite web browser.
13) Then create a database for Odoo.
14) Install the apps provided by odoo as per your requirement.
15) Select the preferred theme.
16) After the installation, you can see this page.
Thus we have successfully completed the installation of Odoo.
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.