How to install VestaCP
In this tutorial we can check how to install VestaCP control panel and setup a website in it.
The Vesta Control Panel is a free, open source website control panel with inbuilt website, email, database, and DNS functionalities. Vesta control panel is an excellent alternative for cPanel. VestaCP offers extremely clear and simple interface for its users. It also provides multilingual interface as it supports a wide range of languages. VestaCP uses port 8083 by default.
You must install VestaCP only on a fresh VPS as it installs inbuilt services. It is recommended to reinstall the OS of your server to prevent interruption during installation. You must be logged in as root user to perform the installation. To install Vesta control panel, follow these steps.
1) Login to your server as root user via SSH. Your hostname must be a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
2) Download the VestaCP installation script using curl command
3) Then execute the installation script for VestaCP
4) The installer then asks to confirm disabling SELINUX and start the install process. Type ‘Y’ and hit enter.
5) Then the installer will ask to enter a valid email address to which VestaCP will send your admin password. Make sure that you have given the correct email address. The installation process will take around 15 minutes to complete. You must replace ‘panel.example.com’ with your Fully Qualified Domain Name. The installation script will install the control panel and all its dependencies to your server. This includes:
Nginx Web Server
Apache Web Server (as backend)
MySQL Database Server
Bind DNS Server
Dovecot POP3/IMAP Server
Exim mail server
Roundcube mail client
Vsftpd FTP Server
Iptables Firewall + Fail2Ban
6) Login to Vesta Control Panel by using your server IP at port 8083.
where IP is your server IP in which VestaCP is installed in. Login as ‘admin’ and use the given password. You can start add/manage your domains now.
Adding a new website
You can easily add/create a new website by following these steps.
1) Click on the ‘WEB’ menu in VestaCP home page.
2) Now add/create new website by clicking ‘Add Web Domain’ button
3) Enter your domain name there and also assign custom IP address, if your server has more than one IP address
4) You can edit the advanced configuration like, using aliases, choosing webserver -nginx/apache …etc
5) Finally click the add button to save changes
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.