How to Integrate OneSignal with Your WordPress Site
By Adarsh Sojitra on June 6th, 2022
We’re now turning everything digital, even though we can order medicines and book appointments online. There are billions of people available on earth to buy products and services. And there are millions of small, medium, and larger businesses available on the internet to provide that service or product. Big brands have their websites and web apps to control each transaction.
To this date, the average person gets 65 to 80 phone notifications each day. Businesses always want to share all the information about their new service or product as soon as possible to maximum people. To do that, we have a unique tool called OneSignal that helps us to send many types of notifications and push messages. So, let’s understand OneSignal and how it’s working in detail. Then we will learn how to install OneSignal with the WordPress website. We have a step-by-step tutorial here on this article.
What is OneSignal?
OneSignal is a platform that helps us send push notifications, app messages, and marketing or transactional emails. It’s an all-in-one tool for sending a marketing email or information. It supports Web push notifications like publishing new content or articles and Cart remainder. OneSignal is here to create stunning emails and create automated campaigns. We can even send an SMS because SMS can be your best performer for the Highest opening rates for a campaign. We can add personalised text and other things like Link support. OneSignal is the clear choice for push success with unbeatable features and top-notch support!
OneSignal also supports In-Apps notifications for Apple and Android both. You can easily set up all the necessary stuff and be ready to send the information in 15 min. So, let’s understand each feature of the OneSignal marketing platform.
- OneSignal offers freemium plans for its consumers. You can quickly start with a Free program to have a UI experience. Then, you have 3 more plans with different premium features.
- Most straightforward setup, we can set up the OneSignal account within 15 minutes, and it’s beginner-friendly. If you have any issues or need any help, you can instantly contact support to solve the queries.
- One signal can send In-App and Mobile Push interactive notifications to all types of devices. There are four types of push provided by OneSignal to deliver many kinds of Push notifications. Examples include User messages, Transactional notifications, Updates and Promotions, and Conversion drivers.
- Using OneSignal, we can set up automatic email marketing campaigns with static and dynamic content. We can even design our stunning emails which look professional and manage all the cross-platform communication from one place.
- The OneSignal is also used to attract our current audience with real-time push notifications on Desktops and Browsers. Notifications like the latest blog posts, cart reminders, and announcements are more engaging than any marketing strategy.
- We can easily design our emails with the drag and drop builder. OneSignal provides pre-designed templates that are easily customizable.
- The builder is also used to create stunning marketing banners and pop-ups. So, we can use them on In-app notifications, and all the things will be done without typing a single line of code.
- We can also send SMS using OneSignal. This feature is handy when our consumer or lead client doesn’t have our App. SMS marketing can generate the highest ROI for our campaigns.
- Most importantly, OneSignal provides a Journey feature where we can decide a consumer’s journey. As we discussed, we can set up automated email campaigns. We can create automated campaigns that will launch as per the selected rules.
Here, you can see all the plans with pricing in the image below.
OneSignal is one of the most popular push notification services available today, with a variety of plans and pricing options to suit different needs. Whether you’re a small business looking to connect with customers or a larger organisation looking to improve internal communication, OneSignal has the right tools. Their growth plan is perfect for newcomers, offering unlimited notifications at an affordable price. Their professional plan includes advanced segmentation and analytics capabilities for serious users who want maximum control over their notifications if they need more features. And for those looking for total customization and optimization, OneSignal’s enterprise plan takes things to the next level. So if you’re ready to start sending push notifications that engage your audience, OneSignal is one of the easiest ways.
OneSignal and WordPress Website
WordPress has a OneSignal plugin that allows us to connect our OneSignal Account with your WordPress website. But we have some requirements like a OneSignal Account and A WordPress website. So, in this article, we will learn the process for How to create OneSignal Account and How to Connect it with our WordPress website. So, let’s get started and create a OneSignal Account first.
Create OneSignal Account
Step 1: Open any browser and go to the “www.onesignal.com” home page. Then click on the Signup button, as you can see in the below image.
Step 2: On the next page, OneSignal will ask for some basic details like Email, password, and Organisation name, as shown in the image below. Enter all the details in the required field.
Step 3: Click on Create Account, as you can see in the image below. (You can sign up directly from your Google or any other social account from the buttons available in the last.)
Step 4: OneSignal will ask to choose an Account Type on the next screen. You can see four different plans with their benefits. Click on the Get Started Now button with the first free plan to start using OneSignal, as you can see in the image below. We can upgrade the plan anytime.
Step 5: Now, open your Email Inbox and verify the account by clicking on the Confirm Your Account button in the verification email. Now, follow the process, and your OneSignal Account has been created successfully.
After the successful signup, we have to create an application for our WordPress website. So, follow the following tutorial.
Create WordPress Application on OneSignal
Step 1: Goto the OneSignal account dashboard using your OneSignal username and password. Then, click on the New App/Website button available on the top right side of the screen, as shown below.
Step 2: Now, enter a name for your new application and select the appropriate type of your application. For WordPress, click on Web, as you can see in the image below.
Step 3: Then click on the Next: Configure Your Platform button, as shown below.
Step 4: On this page, we have to select the basic requirements for the platform. It’s divided into 3 significant steps, and our 1st step is choosing the integration. For WordPress, select the WordPress plugin or Website Builder option, then select WordPress, as you can see in the below image.
Step 5: Scroll down the page to part 2, which is available as Set up WordPress Site Setup.
In this section, we have to enter some specific details about our WordPress website. Enter all the details like SITE NAME, SITE URL, AND SITE ICON, as you can see in the image below.
Step 6: Scroll down a little and come to the third section as Advanced Push Settings, optional. This section can upload a p12 certificate for the Apple SAFARI browser. Now, click on the SAVE button, as you can see in the image below.
Step 7: The next page is our final page. OneSignal just provided some required information to help us set up and connect the WordPress plugin. Here, you can see the details with a specific use in different fields.
Now, we will connect our WordPress website using these keys. So, follow the following tutorial.
Connect OneSignal with WordPress Website
Step 1: Go to your WordPress admin area using your username and password.
Step 2: Hover your mouse on the Plugins tab and click on the Add New option, as you can see in the below image.
Step 3: Search for the OneSignal plugin, and click on Install Now button to install the plugin. Then click on the Activate button to activate the plugin, as you can see in the image below.
Step 4: Now, click on the OneSignal Push option available in the left-sided tab section, as shown in the image below.
Step 5: On the OneSignal settings page, click on the Configuration tab.
Step 6: Within the Configuration tab, Enter all the keys shared by OneSignal Account, as you can see in the image below.
Step 7: There are many options available to change and customise the prompt and other automation emails on the settings page. Go through the settings and then click on the SAVE button in the last to save all the settings.
You can now create a OneSignal account and start sending push notifications to your WordPress website. Be sure to share your reviews of this article in the comments below – we always love hearing from our readers. As we discussed, it’s the most straightforward process with multiple options. You can even add an app or enable any other marketing tool here. You have limited features in your free account, but you have the freedom of choosing or upgrading your OneSignal account anytime.