How to Optimize MySQL Database Using phpMyAdmin in cPanel?
By Jithin on September 4th, 2018
In this tutorial, we are going to discuss about how to optimize a MySQL database table from phpMyAdmin in cPanel. Table optimization can be used if you have deleted a part of the table, or you have made many changes to the rows or columns of the table with variable length rows etc… The deleted rows or columns are maintained in the linked list so the insert operations reuse the old portions of the tables. You can optimize the unused space of the table for the performance of the server. If you have made a lot of changes to the table, optimizing the table can delete the unused space thereby you can improve the database performance.
1) Login to cPanel and go to “phpMyAdmin”.
2) Click On “Databases”.
3) Select the database you want to optimize from the database list.
4) It will take you to the “Structure” tab for the database where you can select the table you want to optimize. Check the box in front of each one, or click on Select All if you want to optimize all of them.
5) On the drop down box that says “with selected” select “Optimize Table.”
6) This will optimize the table and take you to a new screen where you can see the list of tables which you have optimized.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.