In this documentation, we can check how to copy and move accounts to your server.
Login to WHM.
Click the icon ‘Transfers’.
This feature allows us to copy multiple accounts from a remote server to your cPanel & WHM server.
1) Enter the IP address or Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Remote server in the ‘Remote Server Address’ text box.
2) Specify the port number in ‘Remote SSH Port’ text box.
3) Select whether to log in as the root user or with a specific username and enter appropriate details.
4) Security feature allows you to select whether to use the Restricted Restore feature or copy reseller privileges.
5) Advanced option allows you to select advanced options for the transfer. Click ‘Show’ to display the list of options.
6) After you make your selections, click ‘Fetch Account List’.
7) We can select the packages and accounts from this section.
How to copy packages
Select the packages that you want to copy in the table under the ‘Packages heading’.
How to copy accounts
Select the accounts that you want to copy in the table under the ‘Accounts’ heading
Enter the new username in the ‘User’ text box.
Select the accounts that should be given dedicated IP addresses under the ‘Dedicated IP Address’ heading.
Select the accounts that should transfer their home directories under the ‘Copy Home Directory’ heading.
Select the accounts that should retain their reseller privileges under the ‘Copy Reseller Privileges’ heading.
Select the accounts that should transfer their account databases under the ‘Copy Databases’ heading.
Select the accounts that should transfer their bandwidth data under the ‘Copy Bandwidth Data’ heading
Select accounts for express transfer under the ‘Express transfer’ heading.
If an account exists on the server, the Overwrite Account column will contain a checkbox that allows you to transfer the account and overwrite all the data in the account.
Click ‘Copy’ to finish.
8) After you click ‘Copy’, the Account Transfer interface will appear. When the transfer is done you can see the new account from ‘List Accounts’ section
Copy an account From Another Server
This feature is now a part of the ‘Transfer Tool’ interface. It allows you to copy multiple accounts from a remote server to your server. We have already discussed it in ‘Transfer Tool’ section.
Copy an Account From Another Server With an Account Password
This option allows you to copy an account from another server using the account password.
1) Enter the IP address or FQDN in the ‘Server to copy from (IP or FQDN)’ text box.
2) Enter the username of the account in the ‘Username to copy’ text box.
3) Enter the password in the ‘User’s password’ text box.
4) If you want to set dedicated IP for the account, select the option ‘Give New Account an IP Address’.
5) Click the icon ‘Copy account’ to begin the transfer.
Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages from Another Server
This feature is now a part of the Transfer Tool interface. We have already discussed it in the ‘Transfer Tool’ section.
This is how we do account transfer in WHM.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.