Importing Email Accounts using a CSV or Excel File in cPanel
The feature “Address Importer” in cPanel provides a useful option to import email accounts using a CSV or Excel file. This feature helps to migrate all email accounts from one server to another. This way you can create all the email accounts to a new server in one go.
You can use the format as Email address, password, and quota of the mail address separated by a delimiter comma (,).
Sample CSV file format
Sample Excel layout
1) Login to cPanel.
2) Navigate to “Address Importer” under “Mail” section.
3) Select ‘Email Accounts’ option and then choose the CSV or Excel file from your local machine.
4) After choosing the file, you will see an option to select the delimiter and an option to select the first row as column headers. You need to choose the delimiter and check the option “Treat first row as column headers” and click ‘Next”.
5) Select the domain for which these mail accounts are exported and click the button ‘Next’.
6) Click ‘Finish’ to complete the import and once the import is done, cPanel will show the imported mail accounts.
You can follow the same steps in importing using Excel format.
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.