The ConfigServer ModSecurity Control(CMC) is another useful feature in which we can manage mod_security rules and configuration from within the WHM panel. CMC is a free add-on product for cPanel which provides user-friendly web-interface for managing mod_security. Through this mod-security addon we can enable or disable mod-security for a particular cPanel account or we can disable any individual rules on per account or per domain basis. The following ones are the list of advantages of ConfigServer ModSecurity Control(CMC):
1) Disable mod_security rules that have unique ID numbers on a global, per cPanel user or per hosted domain level
2) Disable mod_security entirely, also on a global, per cPanel user or per hosted domain level
3) Edit files containing mod_security configuration settings in /usr/local/apache/conf
4) View the latest mod_security log entries
This feature also helps us to track the log entry for the domain which hosted on our server. Through that, we can understand if any of the rules cause any issues for the domains. So we can disable such rules for the domain through the interface.
I’ve listed out the requirements for this feature below:
1) Apache v2+
2) mod_security v2.5+ installed via EasyApache
3) A set of mod_security rules each of which uses a unique ID
Let’s discuss the steps to install ConfigServer ModSecurity Control in cPanel server.
The initial step is to access your server via SSH as root user and then download the latest version of ConfigServer ModSecurity Control(CMC) and extract the file.
# tar -xzf cmc.tgz
Once it completed, you need to enter the directory and execute the installation script by executing below commands.
# cd cmc/
# sh install.sh
Once the installation completed, then you can see the ConfigServer ModSecurity Control management area via your WHM panel under the section “Plugins”.
If you need to uninstall the plugin you need to execute the below commands by login to your server as root user.
# cd cmc/
# sh uninstall.sh
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.