How to Install Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate on CentOS 6/7
To install Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate on CentOS 6/7, please follow the steps below.
1) Make sure that Apache Web Server is already installed in your server. If not, the use the command below to install it.
$ yum install httpd
2) Install the SSL/TLS module.
$ yum -y install mod_ssl
3) Start the apache server by using the following command.
$ service httpd start [On RHEL/CentOS 6]
$ systemctl start httpd.service [On RHEL/CentOS 7]
4) To install Let’s Encrypt Client, the simplest method is to clone github repository in your filesystem. To install git on your system you must enable Epel repositories first. Use below command for this.
$ yum install epel-release
5) After Epel repos are added in your system, then install the git client using the command below.
$ yum install git
6) Now you have installed all the required dependencies. Next go to /usr/local/ directory and start pulling the Let’s Encrypt client form its official github repository by using the following command
$ cd /usr/local/
$ git clone https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt
7) To obtain the SSL Certificate, we need to run Let’s Encrypt script command. For this go to Let’s Encrypt installation directory from /usr/local/letsencrypt and run the letsencrypt-auto command by providing –apache option and the -d flag for every subdomain that needs a certificate.
$ cd /usr/local/letsencrypt
$ ./letsencrypt-auto –apache -d your_domain.tld
8) After completing the process, a new window will be displayed and here you can provide an email address that will be used by Let’s Encrypt to recover your lost key or for urgent notices.
9) The next winnow will display the terms of service of the license. Select agree and please hit the Enter key.
10) On the next window Let’s Encrypt will prompt you to select a virtual host. It will not find any virtual host available, so select the ssl.conf file to be automatically modified by Let’s Encrypt client and press Enter to continue.
11) Next, you will see two methods, one is the easy method and the other is the secure method. Choose the easy method for HTTP requests and hit the Enter key to move forward.
12) After completing all these processes, a congratulation message will be displayed on the screen. Press the Enter key to release the prompt.
Now you have successfully issued a SSL/TLS certificate for your domain. Now you can start browsing your website using HTTPS protocol.
13) You can test the SSL/TLS certificate of your domain by visiting the bellow link.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.