How to Install phpBB Manually
phpBB is a free flat-forum bulletin board software solution that can be used to stay in touch with a group of people or can power your entire website. With an extensive database of user-created extensions and styles database containing hundreds of style and image packages to customize your board, you can create a unique forum in minutes. In this tutorial, we can check how to install phpBB manually on your account.
1) Download the latest version of phpBB from the office page of phpBB.
2) Login to cPanel.
3) Click ‘File Manager’ under file category.
4) Select the domain that you want to upload the phpBB file.
5) Click the ‘Upload’ tool and the file upload page will open and click on the select file and select phpBB zip file.
6) Extract the file under the directory that you want to install.
7) Install phpBB from domain (for example:php.abc.com).
8) Click on the install tab and click the start install button.
9) Then the database setting page appears on the screen. Fill the fields in according to the database name.
10) After entering database details, click on ‘Proceed’ to next step.
11) Then the test screen should appear on the screen. Click on ‘Proceed’ to next step.
12) Then you will get a message that the phpBB database was created and populated. Press ‘Proceed’ to next step.
That is how we can install phpBB manually on your account.
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.