Install WordPress Using WordPress Manager
By Jithin on February 25th, 2019
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system which is commonly used to build websites on the internet. cPanel&WHM has provided a feature called WordPress Manager which allows you to manage new or existing WordPress sites on your cPanel account. This WordPress Manager interface will allow you to view your WordPress database name and user etc. It is also helpful to manage each site’s automatic updates configuration. In addition to that, you can also change the WordPress administrator users’ passwords and can view each site’s basic WordPress configuration etc. In this documentation, we are going to discuss about the WordPress Manager feature.
1) Log into your cPanel account using the username and password.
2) Navigate to “Application” section.
3) Select the “WordPress Manager” icon.
4) Here, you can see the WordPress Manager interface. If you want to install a WordPress using WordPress manager, then you can either choose the option “Create Site” or “New Site” from the top of the page.
This page also lists all the WordPress installations created by this application.
5) Once the option has been selected, you will be redirected to the installation screen (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> Site Software). Here, you can choose the domain which you want to install WordPress from the drop-down table.
6) If you want to specify all the details for the WordPress installation such as domain name, admin user, database prefix etc, then you need to select the “Show Advanced Configuration” link for this.
7) Now you need to click on the “Install” button to complete the installation.
8) If you want to uninstall a WordPress site, you need to select the tab “Uninstall” from the Site Software profile and then choose the domain which you want to uninstall from the drop-down table and click on the “Uninstall” button.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.