Installing Plesk Migrator
Posted on November 19th, 2018
In this tutorial, we can check how to install Plesk Migrator. To install Plesk Migrator make sure that a number of TCP and UDP ports need to be opened at the remote and destination servers.
Open TCP port 22 for SSH connections on source servers.
TCP port 8443 for accessing to Plesk XML API on the destination server and on the source servers, if we are migrating the website from Plesk.
TCP ports 110, 143 for POP3 and IMAP, on the source server and destination servers.
To open ports in Unix, please follow the below method.
1) SSH into the server as a Root user:
2) Go to the directory of the CSF configuration file.
3) Add the following port numbers in TCP_IN and TCP_OUT and save the file.
22, 8443, 110,143.
Open TCP ports 135, 139, 445 and UDP ports 137, 138 on the destination server as well as on the source servers.
TCP port for MS SQL 1433.
UDP port 1434 for MS SQL named instance.
TCP port 10155 for custom Plesk Migrator.
TCP port 10156 for rsync the servers.
TCP port 8443 for Plesk XMLAPI on both servers. (Source and destination servers)
TCP ports 110, 143 for IMAP and POP3 on both servers.
To open ports in Windows please follow the below method.
1) Open Command Prompt as administrator.
2) Type the below commands to open TCP and UDP ports.
rem Open TCP Port 139 inbound and outbound
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”NetBIOS TCP Port 139″ dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=139
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”NetBIOS TCP Port 139″ dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP localport=139
rem Open UDP Port 138 inbound and outbound
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”NetBIOS UDP Port 138″ dir=in action=allow protocol=UDP localport=138
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”NetBIOS UDP Port 138″ dir=out action=allow protocol=UDP localport=138
Install Plesk Migrator Using the Interface
1) Login to the Plesk admin panel.
2) Navigate to Tools & Settings >> Updates & Upgrades >> Add/Remove Components.
3) Select the button ‘Install’ and then “Continue’.
Install Plesk Migrator Using the command line
1) Login to the destination server via ssh as the root user in Linux servers and via RDP as the administrator user in Windows servers.
2) You can install Plesk Migrator via run the Plesk Installer as follows:
On Linux servers, run the command:
On Windows servers, open the command prompt and run the command via console
3) We can proceed through the installation wizard following the on-screen instructions until you reach the component selection page.
4) Mark the “Plesk Migrator” component for installation and complete the procedure following the on-screen instructions.
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.