ISPmanager Installation and Features
By Jithin on January 10th, 2019
ISPmanager is a popular commercial Linux-based back-end dashboard. The panel developed since 1997 and the panel is functionality similar to other panels like cPanel or Plesk. ISPmanager provides features for managing websites, creating users, handling domains, emails, databases etc like other control panels. ISPmanager also has lots of integrations such as Let’s Encrypt, website builder, anti-viruses, etc. Also, you can create plugins by yourself by using open and well-documented API.
ISPmanager has two versions, ISPmanager Lite, and ISPmanager Business. ISPmanager Lite can use to set up your web server for your website: Install a CMS, add web domains and DNS, upload files, add databases. ISPmanager Lite users can easily install free SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt, free nameservers from Cloudflare, popular web apps through Softaculous, protection from Virus die and DDoS-GUARD. You can also change PHP and MySQL versions. IPv6 is supported.
ISPmanager Business is developed for hosting management. It allows to set limits for users and track resources consumption. CloudLinux integration module improves server stability and performance.
Differences Between Lite and Business
The following functions are available only in ISPmanager Business:
1) Integration with CloudLinux.
2) Manage multiple servers (nodes) from a single web-interface.
3) Allocate users between cluster nodes.
4) Assign different roles to different nodes (servers) – web-server role, database server, mail server, primary and secondary name servers.
5) Advanced limits for users/user templates.
Advantages of ISPmanager:
Advantages of ISPmanager as compared with cPanel are listed below.
1) Low system requirements. It’s possible to run ISPmanager even on 512 Mb server.
2) Faster installation and initial setting.
3) More affordable pricing.
4) Works for all types of hosting (shared and reseller – ISPmanager Business, VPS and dedicated servers – ISPmanager Lite)
5) Weekly update release cycle.
6) Easy migration from other control panels, etc.
7) Monthly security audits
To install ISPmanager your system will satisfy the following hardware requirements.
1) Architecture x64 (amd64)
2) Supported operating systems for ISPmanager Lite:
CentOS 6, 7 (recommended)
Debian 7, 8, 9
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 16.04 Xenial.
3) Supported operating systems for ISPmanager Business:
CentOS 6, 7
Debian 7, 8
Conversion into CloudLinux 6, 7
To install ISPmanager on your system please follow the below steps:
1) SSH to your server as root.
2) Download the installation script by running the below command.
3) To install the downloaded script, run the below command.
sh install.sh ISPmanager
Note: To install a certain version of a control panel, run install.sh with the –release parameter.
Eg . sh install.sh ISPmanager –release 5.50
To access ISPmanager after the completion of installation, use the below URL and login using root as username and root password as the password.
To update the ISPmanager you can execute the below commands after SSH to the server as root.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.