How to manage Calendar in WordPress using The Events Calendar
By Adarsh Sojitra on December 8th, 2021
Event Calendar Plugin is one of the most popular event management plugins for WordPress sites. You can easily create and manage the events on your site using this plugin. You can schedule in-person or virtual events both by the plugin’s advanced features. Also, you can customize the event content by skeleton stylesheet, partial template overrides, template tags, hooks, and filters. Also, it allows you to create events rapidly just with a few clicks. You can also save the venues and organizers of the event. The plugin is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free.
You can customize the events with various options like event tags and categories, event location details, google maps, and organizer’s details. It allows you to add the event website URL as well. Also, the plugin will let you add the featured image for the event. It also provides the widget to display the upcoming event lists. If you want to add more functionality, then you can purchase the add-ons. The premium add-ons include Elementor integrations, custom fields, location search, event manager, and many more.
Moreover, it allows you to add recurring events to your site. Additionally, you can manage the ticketing and RSVPs for free with event tickets. However, you will need to upgrade to the plus add-ons to unlock custom registration fields, e-commerce integration, premium support, and more. The Event Calendar plugin provides the tools you need to run and promote virtual events on your calendar. It also includes various add-ons such as Events Calendar Pro, Event Tickets Plus, Virtual Events, and Promoter.
Moreover, the plugin comes with email marketing solutions that integrate with your calendar. Thus, you can easily share the detailed info with multiple users via mail. It is one of the effective strategies for marketing. Also, the plugin is compatible with the Gutenberg editor. You can also display the event search bar and Google map along with the event details. You will also have widgets to display the upcoming event list.
Moreover, the plugin is also compatible with almost all WordPress cache plugins. It supports google calendar and provides iCal export. Events Calendar plugin is completely responsive for mobile and tablet devices. The plugin also provides a JSON-LD Structured Data feature which helps you to increase the SEO of the content. Additionally, the plugin is tested on the major theme frameworks such as Avada, Divi, Enfold, Genesis, and many more. So, let’s discuss the basic features of the plugin in brief,
- The plugin has a very straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- Using this plugin, you can easily create and manage the events by the advanced options.
- Also, the plugin is responsive to all the devices like mobile and tablets.
- Moreover, the plugin works well with almost all cache plugins and is tested with major theme frameworks.
- It allows you to display Google maps and Google calendar.
- Moreover, the plugin offers multiple stylesheets to improve integration.
- It is tested on the major theme frameworks such as Avada, Divi, Enfold, Genesis, and many more.
- The plugin offers multiple premium add-ons such as Event aggregator, filter bar, virtual events, community events, and Eventbrite tickets.
- The email marketing solutions that integrate with your calendar. Thus, you can easily share the detailed info with multiple users via mail. It is one of the effective strategies for marketing.
- You can manage the ticketing and RSVPs for free with event tickets. You need to upgrade to the plus add-ons to unlock custom registration fields, e-commerce integration, premium support, and more.
- Unlike other plugins, the plugin provides event options such as feature events and hides the event from the listing. You need to enable the options from the event editor within the dashboard.
- Moreover, you can set the event cost and currency. However, if you want to add the payment gateway options, then you have to purchase the Event Calendar Pro add-on,
- The plugin is free to use. You can purchase separate add-ons to use the advanced options. The premium version includes multiple advanced features like recurring events, custom fields, premium support, and many more.
- You can also use the widgets to display the upcoming list of events.
Events calendar plugin is a free-to-use event management plugin, and You can install it from the WordPress plugin library for free. The plugin offers various add-ons with the pro features. It provides one premium add-on – Events Calendar Pro. It costs $99 per year if you want a license for a single site. Hence, it depends on how many licenses you want. The add-on consists of many features such as Elementor integration, recurring events, custom fields, and premium support. You can purchase any add-on if you want to use the advanced features of this plugin.
How to Install and Activate Events Calendar Plugin
The installation process is Straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “Event Calendar Plugin”
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the Event Calendar Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can easily create and manage the events on your site using the Events Calendar plugin.
How to Add Events on Your Site Using Events Calendar Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can set up the plugin easily with just a few clicks. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use the Event Calendar Plugin,
Step 1: First of all, go to the ‘events” option on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Then select the “Add new” option.
Step 2: Now, add the title of the event and description. You can also customize the content of the event.
Step 3: After that, scroll down to the Events Calendar Details. You can set the start and end time and date of the event. It allows you to set the event for all days.
Step 4: Go to the “Location” section. In this section, you can enter the venue address and location. It will also let you enter the phone and website URL of the company. You can show the map and map link to the visitors. You just need to enable the options “Show map” and “Show map link” in the location section.
Step 5: Now, you can enter the organizer’s name, phone, email, and website URL. You can also display the event cost and currency.
Step 6: It also allows you to add tags and event categories. You can click on the “Add New event category” option on the right-side panel to add event categories. Unlike other event management plugins, this plugin provides event options. You can hide a particular event from the listing and enable the feature event options. Moreover, you can also set the featured image of the event.
Once you are done with the editing, you can publish the event. You can check the front-end preview to see whether it is looking good or not. This way, you can easily add and customize the events on your site using the Events Calendar plugin.
Events Calendar plugin is one of the best event management plugins for WordPress. It provides many advanced options and tools to customize the events on your site. Also, it comes with Google Map and Google calendar integration. The plugin is free to use. You can upgrade to the premium version if you want to unlock the pro features of this plugin.
Moreover, the plugin will let you display the upcoming event list in the widgets. The premium version will provide Elementor integration, premium support, recurring events, and many more. You can also add the payment gateways, but you will need to purchase the premium add-ons.
We hope this article will help you add and customize the events on your site using the Events Calendar Plugin.