What is MVC? Advantages and Disadvantages of MVC
MVC stands for Model–view–controller. It is a software architectural pattern for implementing user interfaces on computers. It divides a given software application into three interconnected parts, so as to separate internal representations of information from the ways that information is presented to or accepted from the user.
Components of MVC
1) Model: It specifies the logical structure of data in a software application and the high-level class associated with it. It is the domain-specific representation of the data which describes the working of an application. When a model changes its state, domain notifies its associated views, so they can refresh.
2) View: View component is used for all the UI logic of the application and these are the components that display the application’s user interface (UI). It renders the model into a form suitable for interaction. Multiple views can exist for a single model for different purposes.
3) Controller: Controllers act as an interface between Model and View components. It processes all the business logic and incoming requests, manipulate data using the Model component, and interact with the Views to render the final output. It receives input and initiates a response by making calls on model objects.
Advantages of MVC
1) Faster development process: MVC supports rapid and parallel development. With MVC, one programmer can work on the view while other can work on the controller to create business logic of the web application. The application developed using MVC can be three times faster than application developed using other development patterns.
2) Ability to provide multiple views: In the MVC Model, you can create multiple views for a model. Code duplication is very limited in MVC because it separates data and business logic from the display.
3) Support for asynchronous technique: MVC also supports asynchronous technique, which helps developers to develop an application that loads very fast.
4) Modification does not affect the entire model: Modification does not affect the entire model because model part does not depend on the views part. Therefore, any changes in the Model will not affect the entire architecture.
5) MVC model returns the data without formatting: MVC pattern returns data without applying any formatting so the same components can be used and called for use with any interface.
6) SEO friendly Development platform: Using this platform, it is very easy to develop SEO-friendly URLs to generate more visits from a specific application.
Disadvantages of MVC
1) Increased complexity
2) Inefficiency of data access in view
3) Difficulty of using MVC with modern user interface.
4) Need multiple programmers
5) Knowledge on multiple technologies is required.
6) Developer have knowledge of client side code and html code.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.