How To Install And Use Quiz Maker Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on September 14th, 2021
Quiz Maker is the powerful WordPress quiz plugin in the market. You will have various quiz settings. From the result settings to certificates, you will have all customization options in this plugin. You can easily set up the plugin. The plugin is free, so it’s available in the WordPress Plugin directory. The free version is enough to create an effective quiz. However, if you want to unlock other advanced features, then you can purchase the Pro version. Quiz Maker also provides short-codes to embed the quiz in any post, page, or sidebars.
You will have six themes for the quiz in the free version. Moreover, you can also add animation effects to the quiz. The plugin will let you customize quiz image height, color, fonts, and background. You can select the positions of buttons in the quiz. Also, you can moderate the answer style. However, there are many fields in the answer style which can be accessed in the pro version only. Moreover, the settings consist of answer view options. You can show quiz information with a description. You will be able to enable or disable the result options. It will allow you to enable or hide the final scores of users.
Additionally, you can add the social buttons to the quiz. The plugin will let you choose the quiz loader icons as well. You can easily show the congratulation and fail messages by adding that into the settings. The plugin allows you to limit users to access the quiz by IPs, users IDs, and cookies and redirect them to the other pages. Thus, you can have access control on the settings. You will have email and certificate settings as well. However, those features are only accessible by Pro version users. The plugin has MailChimp, Getresponse, Active Campaign, and Google sheet integrations. You will have payment gateways options like Stripe and Paypal. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- Quiz maker has multiple integrations like MailChimp, Google Sheets, and Slack. Moreover, you will have payment gateway options in Pro versions such as Stripe and PayPal.
- You will have various configuration options in the quiz settings. Different button styles and themes will make your quiz effective.
- Users can share your quiz, test or exam in their social networks. You can also add social buttons to the quiz.
- They have also developed extra short-codes to present more data and statistics about your users on the front end like single quiz results, question banks.
- You can restrict your users by enabling and selecting user roles from the dashboard. Thus, only specific users with given roles can pass your quiz.
- You can choose from the six themes for the quiz in the free version. Also, you will be able to customize it with our 40+ style options in the Pro version.
- Moreover, there is a live preview feature in the style section in the dashboard. It allows the admin to see every change of options.
- However, the results’ statistics with graphs and export functions are available only in the Pro version.
- You can have access control on the settings. Thus, you can give access to specific users. The plugin allows you to limit users to access the quiz by IPs, users IDs, and cookies and redirect them to the other pages.
- You can set a timer for your quiz, and when the timer ends, the quiz will be submitted automatically.
- Also, you will have email and certificate settings in the pro version.
- You can also arrange for your quiz to be available for your users at a specific time.
- It allows you to specify the passing score of your exam. Also, you can show different result messages to passed and failed users.
- The plugin provides other premium plugins such as poll maker, survey makers, and copy content protection along with quiz maker.
Quiz Maker plugin offers three premium WordPress plugins. The premium plugins include WordPress quiz maker, WordPress poll maker, WordPress survey maker, and copy content protection. WordPress quiz maker starts from $39, along with many advanced features for the quiz. You can add unlimited questions to the quiz. WordPress poll maker retails $29. Also, the WordPress quiz maker provides two paid plans – business and developer. The business plan costs $39 that includes integrations and multiple features. The developer plan costs $99 consists of payment gateway options and add-ons.
How to Install and Activate Quiz Maker Plugin
The installation process is very easy. You can just follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner. Search “Quiz maker Plugin.”
Step 4: Now, you need to click on “Install Now.
Step 5: After installation, you need to activate the quiz maker Plugin in order to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can start creating the quiz using this plugin.
How to Create the Quiz Using Quiz Maker Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can start creating the quiz on your site using Quiz maker. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: First, go to the “Quiz maker” option on the left side panel of the WordPress dashboard. You will be directed to the Quizzes page. Then select “Add New” to create the new quiz.
Step 2: You will have eight tabs for configuration – General, Style, settings, Result settings, Limitation users, user data, Email – certificate, and integrations. However, only a few fields are available in the free version. If you want to unlock the fields, then you can purchase the Pro version of this plugin.
Now, click on the “general” tab. First, you need to add a “Quiz title” and then upload an image for the quiz. Here, we are creating a mathematical quiz. You can also add descriptions for the quiz. Then you can start adding questions to the quiz by selecting “Add questions.”
Make sure to click on “Save.”
Step 3: Now, the second tab is “Style.” You can choose any theme you like from the available options. Moreover, you can also add animation effects to the quiz. Then you will have many options to customize like quiz color, background, button text color, and many more.
After selecting the options, click on “Save.”
Step 4: Next tab is “Settings.” You will have multiple options to customize in this section as well. You can enable randomized questions and answers. It will allow you to display the answers in list or grid format. You can also enable the correct answer and finish the quiz after one wrong answer. It also provides a quiz assessment option. Then after you will have button setting options in this tab.
Click on “Save” once you are done with the Settings tab.
Step 5: Now, go to “Result Settings.” You will have quiz result settings. You can also display the score, progress bar, and restart button. Moreover, the plugin allows you to show the social buttons. You can choose the quiz loader icon from multiple options. You will be able to offer the result and congratulations message to users after passing the quiz.
Click on “Save“.
Step 6: Next step will be “Limitation Users.” In this section, you can set the limitations for users by their IPs: cookies and User IDs. And you can also redirect them to another page. It will let you set the imitation for only logged-in users or selected user roles.
Now, click on “Save.”
Step 7: In the User Data tab, you will have settings to show users the information forms. Now, make sure to click on “Save” once you are done.
The other two tabs are enabled for only premium users. So, if you want to send email notifications and certificates to users, then you can upgrade to the Pro version.
Now, you can publish the quiz on your site. The plugin provides shortcodes to embed the quiz on any page or post or widget, or sidebars on your site.
This way you can generate the quiz using this plugin. The mathematic quiz is shown below as an example,
Quiz Maker is a popular quiz plugin for WordPress in the market. The plugin provides various customizable settings for the quiz. Also, you will have many advanced features like email notifications, certificates, and payment options. You can also add social sharing buttons. Thus, your users can easily share your quiz with others. The installation and setup process is very easy. You can follow the step-by-step guide on how to install and activate this plugin. We have also mentioned the guide on how to create the quiz using the Quiz Maker plugin.
We hope this article will help you to create an effective quiz on your site using this plugin.