WARNING: RESTRICT_SYSLOG is disabled. See SECURITY WARNING in Firewall Configuration
An easy solution to resolve this is given below:
1) Login to WHM and navigate to Home>>Plugins.
2) Click on the option ‘ConfigServer Security & Firewall’.
3) A new window will open and Click the option ‘Firewall Configuration’ from there.
4) Set RESTRICT_SYSLOG to 3.
5) Save and Restart CSF.
You can also set it from csf configuration file.
1) Open the csf configuration file.
# vi /etc/cfs/csf.conf
2) search for “RESTRICT_SYSLOG”. It will be like
RESTRICT_SYSLOG = “0”
3) Change it to
RESTRICT_SYSLOG = “3”
4) Restart csf.
# /etc/init.d/csf restart
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.