Set Up a WooCommerce Dropshipping Store
By Jithin on December 26th, 2019
Nowadays, the Dropshipping store is one of the most popular ways to start an online business. Dropping is a process by which you can take advantage of a price difference between two or more markets in eCommerce and finance. So, it is known as an arbitrage business.
By using dropping techniques, you can add products from wholesale retailers to your online store, and also you can set your price for the products. Once a customer buys a product from your store, they pay the price you have set for the product. You then collect the details of the order and place the same order on the wholesaling website. Then the wholesaler ships the product to the customer.
This way, you can earn a profit by keeping a margin on every product listed on your site. For example, if a product costs $1 on your wholesaling website. You placed the price of the product as $5 with free shipping on your website, and the shipping cost $2. Then you get a commission of $2 for that product, as you are just paying $3 to the wholesaler.
Why Use WooCommerce for Dropshipping?
10 percent of eCommerce websites globally use WooCommerce. WooCommerce is a WordPress extension and would require its installation before setting up the WooCommerce platform.
WooCommerce is easy to use. The eCommerce and Dropshipping platform use WooCommerce as it has a customization option. You can set up your store on WooCommerce with ease, even if you don’t have technical expertise.
It is always recommended to use an optimized eCommerce web hosting to ensure that your dropshipping store is loading with lightning speed.
Why Use WooDropship Plugin?
WooDropship is a freemium plugin. It helps you import dropshipping products from the AliExpress eCommerce store easily. With a single click, you can import products and set their prices for arbitrage of the product. The basic WooDropship can be used to upload over three thousand products. This plugin is one of the accessible tools for beginners. Some of the essential features of WooDropship plugin are:
- Single-click import of products from AliExpress.
- Automatically fulfill the orders.
- Built-in image editor.
- Easy customization is available.
- You can set your selling price.
Setting Up WooCommerce with WooDropship Plugin
You can set up a dropshipping store using WooCommerce by following steps given below:
1) Set up WooCommerce Dropshipping Store
First, you need to set up WooCommerce in WordPress. You can follow the below link to set up WooCommerce:
2) Add Free Shipping Option
Free shipping option is one of the critical features to make your online store a success. The stores without a free shipping option are bound to fail. So it is recommended to have a single shipping option for all the free shipping, and this can improve sales and conversions. So, if you are selling products at the right margin, then you can cover the shipping charges.
You can follow the below steps to add free shipping option:
1) Go to ‘WooCommerce’ and navigate to the ‘Settings’ option.
2) Open the ‘Shipping’ tab. Here you can add various shipping methods based on the geographic location.
3) Under ‘Add Shipping Zone’, you can limit the free shipping option to a selected region. Here you can select the Zone name as ‘Free Shipping’.
If you select a Zone region, then you can limit the free shipping to that particular region. If you want to provide free shipping worldwide, then you can leave the Zone regions option as blank.
4) Scroll down and click on the ‘Add Shipping Method’.
5) Select ‘Free Shipping’ under the Add Shipping Method window and then click the ‘Add Shipping Method’.
You can also set Paid shipping, using the above steps. The selection of a shipping option is entirely up to your requirements.
3) Sign Up for WooDropship WooCommerce Plugin.
There are many dropshipping plugins available in the market. But WooDropship is useful to start small scale business, and \users who don’t have technical expertise can also use them with ease.
1) Download the ‘WooDropship’ plugin and click on the ‘Get Started for Free’ button to set up a WooCommerce store.
2) After entering the username, password, and email address click the ‘Get Started For Free’ button to sign up.
3) After sign up, it directs to the WooDropship plugin dashboard.
4) Click the ‘Connect Store’ option and add the URL of your new WooCommerce store. This option adds your website to the WooDropship interface.
5) Click ‘Approve’ to connect to WooDropship.
4) Install WooDropship Chrome Extension
To import products to your website, you need to install WooDropship Chrome Extension.
- Add WooDropship AliExpress extension to Chrome by clicking the ‘Add to Chrome’ option.
- After installation, you can see the WooDropship icon on the top right bar of the browser. So now your WooDropship works without the ‘user key’.
5) Import Products from AliExpress to Your Store
After the successful install of the dropshipping plugin to your store, the next step is to add dropshipping products to your store. WooDropship makes it pretty easy to import products from AliExpress.
- Go to AliExpress and search for the products that come under your store niche.
- Select the product which has the ePacket symbol enabled. The ePacket symbol means that products ship to your desired country for a lower price. So that you can offer free shipping on your store.
- Click the ‘image button’ below to the product details to add those items to your store. The image button is visible only if you have the Chrome extension, and you have visited the AliExpress site from Chrome. This extension adds the product data automatically to your website.
- In the WooDropship dashboard, select the ‘Products’ option under the menu bar and then click ‘Import List’. You can similarly import multiple items.
- After that, you can add descriptions, images, and variants of all the products. It is recommended to customize the product description and title to make your store stand out.
- After you finish editing, you can click the ‘Push to Store’ option. It takes some time to push the products to the store. After the completion of push, WooDropship will show you a message saying that the push of the products was successful.
- Under the ‘Products’ page in the WordPress dashboard, you can see all the successfully pushed products.
- You can add separate categories to the products and also can set your price by clicking on each product. Customers can also add ratings to the product. You can also adjust additional settings such as variable products, simple products, prices, images, and much more.
The above-given steps will allow you to create a fine-looking dropshipping store using WooCommerce. To take your store to the next level, you can add products based on customer needs by analyzing the market. You can also start promoting your store using different social media, to make customers familiar with your online store.
So, this is how you can set up a dropshipping store using WooCommerce. It is really a great idea to start a Dropshipping store if you want to make some passive income online. I hope this guide was informative for you. If you have any questions, please use the comment section given below. We will get back to you with help as soon as possible.