Set Up Mail Accounts in Plesk
By Jithin on January 5th, 2020
By default, the Horde and Round Cube webmails are available on Plesk for Linux, and Horde is available on Plesk for Windows. Also, you can install some webmail software packages on the server and have the choice to select which of them should be available to the users. Some of the webmail clients supported for Plesk windows are:
- MailEnable Web Client
- SmarterMail Web Client
- IceWarp (Merak) Mail Server Web Client
Now, Let’s see how to register external webmail service in Plesk.
Register External Webmail Services:
If you want to register an external webmail service, then you can follow the below-given steps:
- Log in to Plesk and go to ‘Tools & Settings’.
- Select Webmail in the Mail group.
- Click ‘Register Webmail’.
- Specify the webmail Name and URL and then click ‘OK’.
Tick the checkbox ‘Available’, to make the registered webmail service available for users.
How to Install/Re-install Webmail
In Plesk by default, Horde is available for Windows, and for Linux, both Horde and RoundCube are available. Also, Plesk for windows supports MailEnable or SmarterMail, depending on which mail server it uses. You can follow the following steps to install or reinstall Webmail:
1) Log into Plesk and go to the ‘Tools & Settings’ tab.
2) Select the ‘Updates and Upgrades’ and click ‘Add/Remove Components’ option.
3) Expand Webmail services and select the required webmail software for installing.
4) Then press ‘Continue’.
How to Enable/Manage Webmail
You can manage the installed webmail services using the following steps:
- Log into Plesk and go to the ‘Tools & Settings’ tab.
- Select the ‘Webmail’ option.
If you want to set Webmail for a domain, then you can follow the below steps:
1) Go to ‘Websites & Domains’ and select the ‘Mail Settings’ option.
2) Select the ‘Webmail’ from a drop-down list.
3) Press ‘OK/Apply’.
Access the Webmail
To access your mailbox in Plesk through Webmail, you need to follow the below steps:
- In a Web browser, you can visit the URL ‘webmail.example.com’ in which ‘example.com’ is the internet address of your website. The URL then prompts to specify your full email address as the username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. If you are not able to open the webmail page, then make sure that the webmail solution is enabled.
- If you want to access your mailbox through the Plesk dashboard, then you can log into Plesk and go to the Mail section. In the list of email addresses, click the mail icon available corresponding to the email address you need.
To enable webmail solutions, you can follow these steps:
- Log into Plesk and open the ‘Mail’ section.
- Select the ‘Mail Settings’ tab and click the name of the domain for which Webmail is inaccessible.
- Select a webmail client in the Webmail menu.
Access Mail Accounts from iPhone
To set up Plesk mail accounts on the iPhone or iPad, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad and select the ‘Mail, Contact, Calendars’ option.
- Select the ‘Add Account’ option.
- In the displayed list of email providers, you can select the ‘Other’ option.
- Then, tap the ‘Add Mail Account’ option.
- Fill in the required information like Name, Email address, password and account description on the New account screen.
- Then, tap ‘Next’ and select ‘IMAP’ if you want to keep the copies of the received mails on the server or ‘POP’ if you don’t want to save these emails or messages.
- Specify the details of your incoming and outgoing mail servers. For both the server, you need to fill the Hostname, Username, and Password. The Password field is optional for the outgoing mail server.
- After adding the configuration, tap ‘Save’ to continue.
- The system then verifies the connection to the specified server. If the connection is secure, you can sync the information.
- Click ‘Save’ to verify your account information, and you can see the list of your account in the Accounts section.
Access Mail Accounts from Android
To set up Plesk mail accounts on Android, you can follow the below steps:
- Open the Gmail app and touch the menu on the top left.
- Select the ‘Add account’ and on the setup email screen select ‘Personal (IMAP/POP)’ option.
- Specify the full email address on the next screen and press next. For example, email@example.com.
- Specify the type of account as IMAP or POP on the next screen. If you want to keep the copies of the received messages on the server, then you can select the IMAP option. If you don’t keep the received messages on the server, then you can select the POP3 option.
- Specify the password of your email account on the next screen and click ‘Next’.
- In the next screen, you can see the settings of an incoming server in that you can specify the port number as per the protocol and click Next. The port number 110 is for the POP3 protocol, and 143 is for IMAP protocol.
- In the next screen, you need to specify the port number as 25 and click ‘Next’. This screen displays the settings for an outgoing server.
- Your Android device now checks the connection to the servers, and it also creates your mail account. You can see the newly created account list in the Gmail app.
So, this is how you can set up e-mail accounts in Plesk. Please let us know in the comment section if you have any questions regarding this tutorial or E-mail management in Plesk. We will get back to you with help as soon as possible.