Setting up File Sharing in Plesk
By Jithin on October 28th, 2016
1) Login to Plesk control panel.
2) In the left hand side of the control panel select the icon ‘Tools & Settings’ under the category ‘Server Management’.
3) select the ‘File sharing’ option from the ‘General settings ‘category.
4) A new window will open and here you can see the File Sharing Settings.
5) ‘General’ section is used to set the root folder in ‘Web Folder root URL ‘option. The domain name can be selected from the drop down box and specify the name of the folder which you will use for the root of the File Sharing setup.
6) In the section ‘Public files’ the public folders are enabled. The name of the folder is also specified which used to share the files. The Enable password-protection of public files feature allows you to protect the desired files with password-protection. The User name and Password can be set for the folder.
7) Click the ‘OK’ button after ensuring the options are correct.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.