How to start Podcasting on WordPress using Podcast Player
By Adarsh Sojitra on September 10th, 2021
Podcast Player is a powerful podcasting plugin for WordPress in the market. It provides a simple way to show and play your podcast episodes using a podcasting feed URL. Also, this plugin allows the listener to access all your episodes from all pages of your website. The plugin displays a responsive podcast player just by entering your podcast’s feed URL. Moreover, it offers an option to modify and fetch details of your podcast. Also, it can show or hide the individual player element, share your podcast episode, and many more.
You will get many other options for customization in the plugin settings. You can also enable the image optimization option. It will automatically download the podcast images and display the smaller-sized images on the podcast episode. The plugin is completely mobile responsive. You can customize the page layout according to the width of your podcast player. Also, you can create multiple podcast players on a single page. You can enable keeping older episode data in the advanced settings. If you are enabling this option, you will need to delete the data from the toolkit manually.
The plugin allows your listeners to share your podcast episodes on social media. Moreover, you will be able to show self-hosted episodes without a feed. You will get priority email support in the paid version of this plugin. You will also get Ajax live search episodes for podcasts. Moreover, it has a self-adjusting layout feature according to the width of the podcast player. It also allows you to set the podcast update interval. Thus, your podcast will automatically update after a specific time. These all features are available in the free version.
The pro version provides many advanced features. It will showcase your podcast using our unified player, episode list, and grid templates. Moreover, you can also filter options to select which episodes or seasons you want to display on your website. It will allow you to add an audio message to your podcast episode. Additionally, you will be able to add audio mp3 to your WordPress posts and display them as podcast episodes. You can also customize the color and fonts of your podcasts display. The front-end looks very clear, intuitive, and easy to use. It provides buttons like skip, forward, backward, and share on social media. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- This plugin showcases your podcast using the unified player.
- This plugin displays a responsive podcast player just by entering your podcast’s feed URL.
- You will have powerful filter options.
- You can get Ajax live search episodes from the podcasts in the free version.
- It is possible to add audio within your podcast episode. Moreover, it allows you to add audio mp3 to your WordPress posts and display them as podcast episodes. However, these features can be accessed in the Pro version.
- Moreover, it will let you customize color and fonts to personalize podcast display using the Pro version.
- You can easily display podcasts using custom widgets. Also, you can embed the short-codes of podcasts on any page or post. You will be allowed to show the episodes using Podcast RSS URL feeds.
- In the Pro version, you will have multiple customizations and sharing options.
- Moreover, you will be able to show self-hosted episodes without a feed.
- You will get priority email support in the paid version of this plugin.
- You can also enable the image optimization option. It will automatically download the podcast images and display the smaller-sized images on the podcast episode.
- The plugin is mobile responsive and easy to set up.
- You will get various professional templates in the Pro version as well.
- Podcasts Player plugin fetches all required details from the feed URL.
- You can also set the podcast update interval. Thus, your podcast will automatically update after a specific time.
- In the advanced settings, you can enable keeping older episode data. If you are enabling this option, then you will need to manually delete the data from the toolkit.
Podcast player is a completely free WordPress podcasting plugin to use. The plugin offers one premium plan – Podcast Player Pro. It costs around $59, along with a lifetime license. You will get advanced features like additional audio in podcasts and your WordPress posts in the premium version.
How to Install and Activate Podcast Player Plugin
The installation process is very easy. You can just follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner. Search “Quiz maker Plugin.”
Step 4: Now, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you need to activate the quiz maker Plugin in order to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can start displaying the podcasts episodes using this plugin.
How to Use Podcast Player Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can now start displaying your podcasts on your WordPress site. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: First, go to the “Podcast Plugin” option available on the left side panel of the dashboard. Then the podcast player page will appear.
Step 2: Now, click on “Settings.” You will need to do a few settings for image optimization, podcast episodes, and security.
Step 3: You will need to do general settings for podcast update intervals. Now, set the minutes after you want your podcast to be updated automatically. After that, you can also minimize exposure to podcast data like audio URL and Podcast feed URL.
Click on “Save Options”
Step 4: Now, the second section is “Optimizations and security.” You can enable image optimization and add rel attributes options. The image optimization option will download the podcast images to WordPress media and display smaller size images in the episodes.
Click on “Save Options”
Step 5: You can also set the advanced settings like keep older episodes data and enable Ajax website compatibility. You can also set the timezone for episode data. If you have enabled the keep older episode data option, then you will need to delete the data from the toolkit manually.
Now, click on “Save Options.”
Step 6: Now, click on “Feed Updation Tool.” In this section, you can only manually update the podcast for the latest changes.
Step 7: To display the podcast, you can use the RSS feed URL. You can embed RSS feed URLs as shortcodes in any post or page, or sidebars. Click on “+” to the icon to add a new block. Search for ‘Podcast Player’ block. Enter feed URL in the appropriate field. Now, after entering the feed URL, you can preview or publish the post or page.
Podcasting Player is an effective WordPress Podcasting plugin. You can easily display and play your podcasts on your site using this plugin. It allows you to show the podcast episodes using the RSS feed URL. You can display them on custom widgets or editor blocks. Moreover, you will be able to add audio in the Podcasts episodes. The installation process is very simple and quick. You can easily set up the plugin on your WordPress site. The plugin is free to use, so you will easily get it on the WordPress plugin directory. We have explained step by step guide on how to install and activate the Podcast Player plugin. You can also follow the detailed guide on how to use the podcast player plugin to display your podcasts on your site.
We hope this article will help you to display and play your podcasts on your WordPress site.