Zamfoo: cPanel plugin for multi-level reselling
In this tutorial, we are going to discuss “Zamfoo”- a cPanel plugin for multi-level reselling environment. Zamfoo is a popular 3rd party sub-reseller plugin for cPanel/WHM and it extends the capabilities of WHM. It also adds up to extra 3 additional levels of sub-resellers for WHM. Since Zamfoo is a licensed plugin, you will have to purchase the license from their website and they provide the license key. It is a series of WHM addon modules (WHM plugin modules) which is helps to ease the burden of webhosting providers that sell shared hosting plans using cPanel and WHM hosting platform.
The Zamfoo plugin is compatible with CentOS 7 and the latest cPanel. The latest version of Zamfoo 14.15 is fully compatible with CentOS 7 and cPanel. Zamfoo is released with tons of features that helps you as a root owner to create up to 3 levels of sub resellers. Once it is installed on the server, the plugin automatically integrates with cPanel and hooks into the WHM API allowing resellers and sub-resellers to manage their hosted clients. The Zamfoo plugin provides a built-in migrator feature through which we can easily restore multiple accounts. All backups are automatically processed and assigned to their respective owners.
Features of Zamfoo plugin
1) Up to 3 levels of sub-resellers
2) Upgrade or downgrade the accounts
3) Suspend or terminate reseller account chain
4) Auto grant ACL permissions
5) View the entire account chain
6) Audit server for problems
7) Inbuilt migrator
1) Curl: Version 7.15.3
2) LibCurl: Version 7.15.3
3) Perl: Version 5.8.8
Once you have the license key from their website you can begin installation. First you need to access the server via SSH as a root user. After that follow the below steps to install the plugin.
1) Download the Zamfoo installation script from their website through the command below. Move it to the root directory as discussed below.
# cd /
2) Extract the tar file for the Zamfoo installer. Change the permission of runme.cgi file to 755.
# tar -xvf zamfoo_installer.tar
# chmod 755 runme.cgi
3) Install the Zamfoo plugin by typing below command through the terminal.
After executing all this commands, it will ask for a license key, enter the license key here.
Update License key
If you need to update the license key, open the file below using a text editor through terminal and edit the license key on this file.
The reinstall/update plugin means it is going to wipe the script file not data files. To reinstall or update the Zamfoo plugin you have to access the server via SSH as root user and follow the steps.
1) Download the Zamfoo reinstallation script from their website.
# cd /
2) Extract the tar file for the Zamfoo reinstaller by using the command below. Change the permission of reinstall.cgi file to 755.
# tar -xvf zamfoo_reinstaller.tar
# chmod 755 reinstall.cgi
3) Reinstall the Zamfoo plugin by typing below command through the terminal.
To uninstall the plugin, you have to access the server via SSH as root user and follow the below steps.
1) Download the uninstaller script and extract it in the root directory.
# cd /
# tar -xvf zamfoo_uninstaller.tar
2) Change the permission of the file zamfoo_uninstall_everything.cgi to 755. And run the script as follows.
# chmod 755 zamfoo_uninstall_everything.cgi
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.